• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
phillymayne

Horseshoe chain and meth hole?

phillymayne

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows direction to this lake and where is this meth hole? It's gonna be my first time trying this lake, and I've heard good reviews about it. I'll be coming from the cities, so if anyone has info i'll appreciate your help.

Rick G

94 N to HWY23 to Richmond take right on 22 Casys is accross the road. take 22 about a mile and a half to winter access. Do not use summer boat launch on the river. Check out the Cattin the chain thread here in the St Cloud forum for a map to the hole as well as tons of info.

Brad B

here is a map of the lakes

full-29971-16735-horseshoe.jpg

phillymayne

Thanks guys!

Brad B

the summer boat access is marked on the map as "DNR ACCESS". Like riverfishingmiss said "DO NOT DRIVE OUT FROM HERE".

silverbulletguy

LEFT-not right- on 22 like rfm said. Follow the map and you'll be fine.

mainbutter

And keep an eye out for that methane hole.. it was still open where the bubbles come up as of last Saturday.. caught some crappies and rock bass but no kitties, bite may be slowing down due to the popularity of these threads!

Rick G

caught some crappies and rock bass but no kitties, bite may be slowing down due to the popularity of these threads!

Please dont blame the internett for the lack of success. Imo the meth hole has had less presure this year due to the ice conditions and the fact most had to hoof it out. The bite always slows down in Jan or at least it has for the decade or so I have been chasing the cats. The chain is pretty big and has lots and lots of untouched water, all you have to do is not go to the good old meth hole one day and do a bit of exploring. I can guarantee it will pay off big in the long run.

• Thumbs Up 1

DTro

Usually when I go somewhere else, the bite is on fire back there. grin

Borch

Lots and lots of good spots on the chain. What's tough is holding out until prime time when the bite is slow during the day. It's funny how they sometimes show up out of no where once the sun hits the tree tops.

akasutton
On 1/23/2012 at 7:23 PM, Brad B said:

here is a map of the lakes

full-29971-16735-horseshoe.jpg

On 1/24/2012 at 8:49 PM, Borch said:

Lots and lots of good spots on the chain. What's tough is holding out until prime time when the bite is slow during the day. It's funny how they sometimes show up out of no where once the sun hits the tree tops.