• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Load I called them and Im waiting for a call back. Im guessing the last weekend of Feb. but I wont know for sure until they call back.

Cloquet Kiwanis Last Chance Fishing Contest will be held Feb. 25th 2012 from noon to 3pm. Fish Lake north of Duluth. This is a fun event with some good prizes and a lot of Fishing Mn. folks get together and fish it. Lets hope for good weather because no ice houses are allowed.

As far as a drill team Im sure Dan Anderson will post on here how many drillers he needs this year. Im guessing a dozen guys is more than enough.

I brought up the "drill team" at one of the recentTPWA meetings and there seemed to be interest...I cannot make it because I will be in Bemidji fishing

Jarrid I will have the drill team under control when the time comes. We wont need any TPWA members for this one. Thanks though.

I have another event on the calendar for the 25th, introducing youth and families to ice fishing. Will likely miss this one again this year. I think we'll be on Pike lake.

BUT If that gets cancelled, I'll be heading over.

This is a good fund raiser for there club. The $$$$ goes to a great cause and I will always be happy to support a good cause:-). I to wish they got there stuff out earlyer to promote it better. I pray for a warm day out on the Ice cuz that cold and wind is hard to be out in:-(. I just hope they get more than 200 people?. They should get 15 augers cuz 3 to 4 don't start or make it to the end. Lol.. But the drill team from this site gets it done every year:-) FM is a huge part of this event every year so thank you all for your help and suport.

Drill team time guys. 1st 11 guys that post here to drill will get 1 free ticket. We will meet at the eagles nest before hand. Agent Andy should have more details soon.

Drill team Roster.

Northlander

Jack

BD110

Mary

Hunterlaker

Kettleriverkid

Buzzing

jimalm

Loonasea

This is the most up to date drill team list. Need 1 or 2 more.

You know I am just so lucky I get to work that weekend.

That sucks man. Dont work too hard. wink

Steve why dont you pencil me in for the drill team also Ive done it for the last 4 years why quit now!!!

Drill team Roster.

Northlander

Jack

BD110

Mary

Hunterlaker

Kettleriverkid

Buzzing

jimalm

Loonasea

Matt

Brian

We are all set for drillers as long as everyone shows. We will meet at Eagles nest before hand for breakfast, get tickets and then go drill holes.

Got um...... couple of big boys also maybe some more to help with the tent set up, they do it for the big jig so no training necessary!

northlaner check your PM

Thanks Bob. We have all the drillers we need now. I hope to see a lot of FMers at the Last Chance Contest.

NO prob

good kids....they want to help out, and they just want a chance to win somfling too GO UMD FOOTBALL 2012 champs!

What's the time line of the contest? Possibly some of the rules too? I'm thinking of doing this, and it will be my first contest. If anyone can give me some help it'd be much appreciated.

Noon to 3pm. No shelters allowed. You can fish any place within the boundries wich are usually to the left shoreline outside of the narrows just past airplane island. You can register 1 fish per ticket but I think you can weigh in multiple fish but only your biggest goes into the entry. Good prizes and raffle tickets sold for more drawings.

Awesome! Thanks! I've got a couple treasure coves within that boundary for that time of day fishing recently. Hopefully they'll stay healthy till the contest.

Sorry for the delay in getting this out. I did reply earlier but don't see it here.

The contest as usual is on Saturday the 25th of Feb. and it is from noon till 3 pm. All the rules will be as in the past. If you are attending you may consider coming early to register. We also have a great supply of items for the ticket sales.

We are always open for suggestions to make the contest better. If you have ideas that would help make the contest better or just run smother, please feel free to call the Cloquet Kiwanis Club.

If anyone has a chip for a gps it would be nice to have it at the time we drill the holes to make sure the water depths are ok where we drill.

I did talk to Steve and he will pick up the augers at Marine General and have them all set to go for the day of the contest. See you all Saturday.

I and a few others will have a GPS there Dan. Do we have cones to mark the boundries? Might not be enough snow to have someone plow around the boundries like in the past.

Great contest. Have one BIG suggestion Why not put the tent in the middle of the contest areas. Sales would improve if I did not have to walk that far. Also wife likes to fish this but being 68 its a long trudge to the bathrooms and registration tent for her. Brought this idea up to Steve also.>>>>>later the load

We are putting the tent in the center this year. I never thought of the bathrooms there as well. Good suggustion. We will do that. Thanks, Dan