• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pelican Rapids Jaycees Fishing Derby

The PR Jaycees Lake Lida fishing derby will be held on Feb. 11. Cash prizes, fish prizes, and door prizes. Tickets available on ice or from a Jaycee member.

$10

Once I get home and get the ticket in my hand, I will post the prizes for each category and such.

Remember this Derby allows for the use of houses.

Cash Prizes: $500, $400, $300, $200, $100

Fishing Prizes:

Walleye: 1) Eskimo Stingray Auger 2) Clam Fish Trap 1 man 3) Mr. Heater Portable Buddy Heater 4) Pak Shack 5) Ready Rig Ice Pack

Northern: 1) Vexilar FL-8se Genz Pack 2) Frabil Hub 60"x60" 3) Garmin eTrax 10 GPS 4) Pak Shack 5) Ready Rig Ice Pack

Panfish: 1) Xtreme Ice X12 2 Person Hub Shelter 2) Pak Shack 3) Ready Rig Ice Pack 4) Fishing combo 5) Fishing combo

Bass: 1) Cabela's Ice Team Hub Shelter 2) Cabela's Underwater Camera 3) Pak Shack 4) Ready Rig Ice Pack 5) Fishing combo

Bait and Food available on ice

I grew up at Pelican and have been going to this derby as long as I can remember.Some years we fished in shirt sleeves other times we sat in the vehicle with charcoal burning in small cans to keep holes open.

It is kind of loosely structured...not a lot of rules..the honor system applies. You can fish out of any structure permy or porty.

In past years prizes were awarded for the most unique fishing site..let your imagination run wild !!!

It's a good time. I will be at LOW that weekend looking for waldows.

Choices, Choices, Choices.... That is also the day of the D.L. Poles n Holes derby on Little Detroit.

I won this thing in 1990,With a 8 pound northern.It was lots of fun. I stopped going up there not to long after that,Because of all the fishing presure on the lake. Thank god the DNR put a 11 in. limit on the crops. out there. I will be there,Along with my to boys. Was up there last year fishing in march. Lots of fish,but still not like the old days. Im guessing the ice bar will be packed that day. Back then tickets where 2 bucks.At dales bait shop on the lake.Hop to meet some FMers up there to talk with! GOOD LUCK FISHING!

Where can a guy find out information on either the Lida tourney and or the little Detroit one would be great..

How much ice is there now? Plan on going up on friday the 10th. Hop to drive out with 1 ton and 14ft. fish house.

How is everyone going to know where to fish with no roads. LOL. Thats for the people that drill holes in the middle of the roads in years past.

The forecast is for temps around 20 and sunny. Should be good weather for a good event. Hopefully the fish will cooperate!

How is everyone going to know where to fish with no roads. LOL. Thats for the people that drill holes in the middle of the roads in years past.

I always liked that one!!!!!

The boundaries are not strictly enforced, but you must be "within a reasonable distance" of the boundaries. The entire lake is not within the boundaries wink

Last time I attended, they drilled and placed four corner posts and you had to try to stay within those imaginary boundries. Usually, quite a bit of space, but throw a thousand, give or take, people out there and you may need to get friendly...

On a side note. The last time I did go, the adult liquids flowed pretty freely and I had to teach my cousin from Barnesville how to drive a stick shift on the ice so she could take me home.