• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

is it safe to drive on the ice in metro area

Full sized trucks and wheel houses all over Carson's bay yesterday. There was even a deephaven cop sitting at the landing chatting with people waiting to get on the ice...not sure why he was there.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desperado

• Beast26

• Dbumb

• mrklean

Full sized trucks and wheel houses all over Carson's bay yesterday. There was even a deephaven cop sitting at the landing chatting with people waiting to get on the ice...not sure why he was there.

He wanted the most updated fishing report for his upcoming days off... (-:

I can't believe this thread after what I saw last weekend. Apparently NOBODY on here was on Spring Lake over the weekend. I measured 12 inches of ice after pulling my house out with a Chevy 1500. And nobody else was very scared either considering there were probably 100 vehicles on the lake (lots of full size trucks too). Guys were even driving 1 tons clear across the lake. In reality, you're not going to break through a foot of good ice. It's when drive somewhere stupid (probably less than 7 inches). Of course I would still feel much better if I knew there was 16+ inches out there! Long story short, I've never seen that many vehicles on 12 inches of ice!

And a week and a half ago that was open water on the lakes I fish. I'll leave my truck at the landing for now. 12 inches is fine, makes me a bit nervous, but I don't want to find the 4 inches where that open water was not too long ago. If you know your lake then fine.