• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Biggest Metro Fish

muskiemanAD

Curious to see what some of the biggest Metro fish you have caught or seen caught. State the species and size if you have a good one to share.

Mine would be a couple different 52 inch ski's and a 11 inch perch...

I caught an 11 inch perch on Monday morning. That was fun, other notables are a 6 1/4 lb Largemouth, and a 25inch FAT Walleye last winter. I'll throw up pictures later tonight.

I've gotten a 23" walleye out of a south metro lake, a 9" sunfish our of a south metro lake, 30" pike out of a metro lake, but probably the most fun I've had in the metro was sight fishing carp, catching one after the other, on a 6wt fly rod. The one below saw the backing twice. I caught 5 or 6 in two hours that day and broke off probably 4 more.

DSC01880.jpg

This summer I'll have more time to do this. It's addicting.

My PB

52.5" Muskie

41" Pike

29 3/4" Walleye

All fish were released!

But I know there are bigger out there for all of the species I mentioned

46 1/2" Muskie, 22" Walleye, more than a handful of 20"+ Largemouth...

All within the city limits of Minneapolis since I moved here 3 years ago, still need to do more exploring and find the real big ones.

Personal Best Metro Fish

41" Tiger muskie

32" Northern pike

23" Walleye

23.5" Largemouth bass

16", 15.5" Crappie

12" Perch

10" Bluegill

33" Carp

full-39698-16536-n619759454_1345758_5530

43,41,39,38 inch pike on same metro lake in one season. 11 inch gill,

Could you please tell me the lake? grin That is a awesome accomplishment to get that quality northern in the metro!!

Caught my secound muskie last summer on a north metro lake it was 53 inches couldnt believe it lol! and lots of 40 inch pike out of the lake. A 15 inch crappie in a private lake in the north metro and an 11 inch Gill. Have yet to catch a noticeable size walleye anywhere though cant even get on above 20 on Northern MN lakes so still looking for her!

Here's a few Metro fish... all were caught within 60 miles of MPLS...

MJ_pounder.jpg

1 pound 15 ounce

MJbullgills.jpg

1 pound 6 ounces and 1 pound 7 ounces

JackMattGill2.JPG

My son's PB at 9 1/2"

MJcrappiePL.jpg

14 3/4"

MJbassCL.jpg

6+ pounds

MJbassCoL3.jpg

6+ pounds

MJbassCoL4.jpg

6+ pounds

LM10-375x338.jpg

Pair of 6's during a tourny

MJTonkaBass.jpg

6+ pounds

MattWalleye08.jpg

26"

20.75" bass

HPIM0823-1.jpg

10" bluegill

Image02122011154317.jpg

33.5" ski I hooked into while bass fishing

SSPX9841.jpg

Those three were caught out of the same lake which I've also pulled a 13" crappie out of.

But my biggest metro crappie went about 14"

perch maybe 7 or 8"

never targeted eyes or pike in the metro area.

but on the other hand, I've caught some micros

SSPX0414.jpg

I've got a pic somewhere of a bluegill I caught that was smaller than the lid on my bait puck.

Hey Matt J, stop bragging. JK Very nice fish.

My personal best in a METRO lake was on a south metro lake.

17 1/4" black crappie (I will try to find the pic and post) and a 25" wally. (both on the same night ice fishing)

crappie-12"

bass-several around 21"

walleye-about 16"

gill-under 8"

carp-35lbs +/-

sturgeon-52"

catfish- about 18"

perch-10"

nuffin too impressive around here.

Pike* - 36"

Smallmouth* - 20"

Largemouth - 20.5*

walleye - 26" (Pool 2)

Sauger* - 20" (pool 2)

* denotes my overall PB

Biggest fish i caught in the metro would have to be the carp i hauled in on owasso a couple years ago i swear it went forty to fourty five pounds when i picked it up i could hear its body rippen away from its head the thing was huge and kinda deformed like it was hit with a boat prop sometime in its life, it swam funny i thought it was a turtle as i hauled it in, my four biggest walleyes all have been from the metro too, a seven a nine, a ten, and my personal best fish caught a 32 inch twelve plus pounder all caught from shore on the great mississippi

My best metro fish are a 30" walleye, a 40" pike, and a 49" muskie .... all from Minnetonka, all in the last 4 years.

I was fishing for walleyes when I got the walleye, fishing for pike when I got the pike, and fishing for bass when I got the muskie smile

Does this one count? I think its a golden shiner or something. Didn't know you can catch these??

full-39698-16597-imag0399.jpg

21" LM Bass

36" Pike

Buddy caught 26" walleye

All caught on MPLS. lakes

have caught several 19" SM bass on the Rum River.

ive got nothing to brag about but my buddy that i bring fishing with me about 10 years ago his 2nd year of ice fishing caught 9.5 lbs walleye and 2 weeks later 18 inch crappie out of bald eagle in the same spot. ive caught 1000 crappies out of there and 100 walleyes but nothing of size