• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Sylvia

My buddy want's to head out to this Lake Sylvia. Anyone know the ice thickness or any hazards to watch for? Besides that ice is never safe.

BassKnuckles:

Do you know if your buddy is going to the East or West side? If he's planning on hitting the West side he needs to be careful of the ice on the Northwest side of the peninsula that Camp Chi Rho is on. According to my buddy it just froze over this past weekend.

Use extream caution on either lake east or west as the main lakes and sevral small spots just froze over there are areas of 10" to 11" and spots with just a couple inches and looks like lots of wet spots !!!!!

I'd be a little hesitant about venturing out onto Sylvia. The Wright County Journal Press paper has an article today about two guys who went water skiing out there about a week ago.

I'd be a little hesitant about venturing out onto Sylvia. The Wright County Journal Press paper has an article today about two guys who went water skiing out there about a week ago.

That sounds awesome. I'm jealous!

The Wright County Journal Press paper has an article today about two guys who went water skiing out there about a week ago.

I was out there fishing when they did it ! It was a wierd site to see on the 10th of Jan for sure , I was on 6" of not good ice couple hundred feet from open water where they were skiing crazy

So we never made it out there the other day but plan on going tomorrow morning. Any other updates about the ice conditions?

Thanks

Thank you for the update. I'm at walmart waiting for my buddy now. O am not thrilled about going there. The main reason I'm going is that he would go by himself and is to stubborn to join this forum because he doesn't like having his personal info on the web. To do hid research. I want to make sure he has someone there in case a issue arises. Thanks again.

I think we are going off the West side and see what's out there.

How is when I would likeo have my old sled back. The sled weighed only 260lbs. was great for early season ice. Didn't need much snow boggie wheels, a few studs in the track for the ice and go.

We were at the West side and It was over a foot of ice until we got to the area between the 2 points straight out from the public landing and it was probably 6-12 inches in various spots.

I could pull fish up off the bottom but they wouldn't bite so we moved on to another local lake.

I did see a full size truck out there but you wouldn't catch me driving on the ice.

Walked out on the lake the other day and NAILED some huge slabs. Figure the rest out on your own. Good luck.

Walked out on the lake the other day and NAILED some huge slabs. Figure the rest out on your own. Good luck.

Now that is funny.... laughlaugh