• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Auger help- strikemaster

I went up to mille lacs last weekend and put fresh blades on my strikemaster lazer mag. Had run well all season so far. I start it up, let it warm for a bit and start poppin holes. For the first hole it seemed very hard to cut. I felt like I needed to push as hard as I could to make it cut. It never hit high gear also... After strufgling all day, some I knew had another one out there. We found the fish and was very successful. Great day of walleyes, just bummed on my auger, first time its let me down. Suggestions? I have the carb off and im cleaning it, gonna put.new spark on therw. I use strikemaster oil to mix w/ 1 gal. Fresh 92 octane gas. And I always put a shot of sea foam in evrry tank... What am I missing?

Does it feel like it is running goofy or does it seem to run fine but is cutting goofy?? Does it seem for sure something with the motor?

I was given an auger by my uncle this winter and he said it didn't run well, that something was wrong with the carb... I ordered a new governor spring because it had been bent and modified . While I was at the small engine shop I decided to get a new gas cap because the metal one on there leaked. When I got on the lake the next day the auger ran like a champ. Your issue could be an easy fix. Mine was starving for fuel since the cap was not venting properly. Maybe you want to try running it with no gas cap before investing too much time or money. 12.95 fixed my "broken" auger.

Runs fine cuts horrible. Fresh blades it usually cuts like butter. Cleaned carb, air filter. Put new plug on. The little spring connecting throttle to carb lever seemed stretched. Cut a loop off and reattached, a little more tension. Brought it outside fired right up, idled strong and at wide open throttle is purred. Never seen it run so.strong and auger rotate so fast before. Hope this solved it. Someone has mentioned the auger itself could be bent, or the blades misaligned. But I replaced the blades just like.they were before. I might bear the cold tomorrow and get out in the morning. Ill let ya know how.it works. Fingers crossed! Thanks for the input guys.

Your blades are out of adjustment, if you had to push down with a lazer blade then the blades are at fault, if they are angled wrong, even slightly they will not cut as good. I take mine into strikemaster for new blades, they are 5 miles from my house and feel it is worth it .

Runs fine cuts horrible. Fresh blades it usually cuts like butter. Cleaned carb, air filter. Put new plug on. The little spring connecting throttle to carb lever seemed stretched. Cut a loop off and reattached, a little more tension. Brought it outside fired right up, idled strong and at wide open throttle is purred. Never seen it run so.strong and auger rotate so fast before. Hope this solved it. Someone has mentioned the auger itself could be bent, or the blades misaligned. But I replaced the blades just like.they were before. I might bear the cold tomorrow and get out in the morning. Ill let ya know how.it works. Fingers crossed! Thanks for the input guys.

Is your shaft and blades made in China or Sweden? If they are built in China then bring to Strikemaster and they'll replace it with the Sweden. China setup came way off pitch and Strikemaster knows it and will fix it for ya. Most likely this is your problem and if not bring it to Strikemaster anyways and they'll still get you fixed up.

Havent been on here for a while guys. I did drive up to big lake and the pitch of the auger itself was off by a half.inch they said. Also ran it for me amd it was running way rich. So much that gas was dripping out of the carb. Gasket kit and a tweak on the level inside the carb and boom. Was out yesterday and it runs like new. A little do it yourself project and im a happy camper again. Can finally pop 50+ holes like I usually do!