• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
go4carl

Ice conditions

go4carl

We are going to be in the area this weekend at a friends cabin, just wondering if we can expect to be able to drive on the lakes or not. Big Stony is where we will be. This weekend the ice in the cities was 8"-10" so we are getting close done here. just wondering what you guys are seeing for ice thickness up there.

Jim Uran

I'm a little northwest of Park Rapids, we are seeing anywhere from 12-16" on area lakes, depending on which lake, and depth of lake, and other variables of course. Plenty of vehicle traffic, but use caution!!

Oreo

I'm a little northwest of Park Rapids, we are seeing anywhere from 12-16" on area lakes, depending on which lake, and depth of lake, and other variables of course. Plenty of vehicle traffic, but use caution!!

I live 1/2 mile north of Big Stony and in the area I have seen vehicles on Portage, Fishhook & Potato but as posted about each lake is different. I was on two lakes last Sunday one had 13+ the other only 11" so use caution and check as you go. ATVs you can use just about everywhere. Good Luck!

go4carl

Thanks guys, this weather today/ tomorrow will help. Appreciate the insight.

silverbulletguy

Any current ice updates?

featherslayer

All the lakes i been on the ice is very good and i'm driving my pickup 1/2 ton. of course you must watch if thier is a river inlet or outlet but i would say all the lakes are good and the way the wheather is going to be this week. so if your not from the area come on up and enjoy our lakes and scenery. oh and by the way the fish are bitting.

Osty

How much snow do you guys have on the lake? Might stop at a couple places on the way up to lake of the woods and wondering if a guy can still get around by truck. Especially with this storm that is supposed to come in this week!

mn_bowhunter

Sunday got 4-5" in park rapids and around 8 in lake george. The further north the more snow there is. I was out before that in the pickup and was no where near flooded with about 6-7" of snow and 20" of ice. We are supposed to get 5-8 tonight and 2-4 tomorrow. This sounds like it will be heavier south instead of more up north like last time.

featherslayer

NO SNOW YET!!!!! the lakes are in good shape, no flooding and the panfish are bitting pretty good in the shallows.

Mercman1

How much total snow? And thickness as of today... Thanks

featherslayer

plenty of ice around here from what i've seen we havent loss any yet. got about 5 inches of snow from the last storm and about 1'' tonite, should still beable to drive around with a 4x4 around the PR area.

Mercman1

Thanks for the info....

Jim Uran

The recent cold snap has put some decent traveling conditions on the lakes but this warm snap will turn that around in a hurry. I would say that lake conditions will worsen pretty quickly before they stabilize.

Keep us posted on the ice conditions in the area grin

MontanaMax

How about an update from the Nevis area on ice out on the Crow Wing chain, Mantrap etc if anyone gets a look on the way to work. Thanks!

mn_bowhunter

Mantrap was looking pretty bad yesterday with open spots near shore. The ice is translucent now and we had a good downpour this evening so it won't be long. Went through Osage on Saturday and saw a dozen or so people still fishing straight.