• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tullibee not Tullipee

That is not the question. Been hearing a lot of people saying tullipee lately, they are tullibee, for those who don't know.....little grammar police action

tullipee tullipee tullipee tullipee tullipee tullipee tullipee tullibee opps tullipee tullipee tullipee tullipee tullipee tullipee tullipee.

My buddy gets them out of Leach Lake and I smoke them up. They are great with a cracker too.. He also get a lot of Rainbows from the guy that has the fish pond at the shows when they pack up. Usually a hunderd or so, I smoke them too.. They all taste good with a beer or three.. LOL

Tullipee....haha,I am going to start throwing around new stuff, i.e. Wallzeye??? Since moving into the farthest north MN I still can't get over the word crowducks instead of cormorants.....

From Wikipedia.

"Coregonus artedi is a species of freshwater whitefish in the family (Salmonidae). It is also known as the cisco, lake herring, chub, or tullibee, northern cisco."

I saw this post last week and then this weekend by brother-in-law sent me a text stating that they had caught about 10 tulipees. made me chuckle...

crowducks lol, thats like neighbor ducks for coots, I wouldnt eat them so i give them to my neighbor, he he, enjoy the viel.