• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Forest Lake deer shooting stirs outrage

mrklean

It's too bad they had to shoot them seems like a waste, deer shouldn't have to die for nothing (did meat go to someone, I didn't catch it if it did or not) . I agree wild animals shouldn't be pets and collars were really stupid idea. But I'm sure they could relocate them easy enough, seems like they took easiest course of action. This is just more ammunition for the tree huggers to complain, they were presumed pets so put them in petting farm etc. Another poor choice by our DNR, what's new!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

They didn't die for nothing. They died so people could see what happens if somebody trie to keep deer as pets.

That's intelligent...maybe ill shoot my neighbors dog if its barking to prove a point (yeah I know that would be illegal, killing something to prove a point isn't best choice ) point is its reckless to kill them like that, and it wont change anything. Just like I said before it will just give tree huggers exscuse to yell. And in my opinion DNR looks bad to average person or non hunter.

lol

don't analize so much jay... you said they died for nothing. I beg to differ... people learned from their mistakes,,, hopefully. :>)

FYI I'm laughing at the pic... not at you.

Not analyzing at all, it's my opinion that its a waste and your wrong the masses for most part don't learn ( how many people bait illegally, still after we hear about, read about so many guys losing guns, hunting rights etc year after year, doesn't help) . Maybe this one guy does learn but in big picture does teaching one guy warrant killing two deer like this, I don't see how it does. I'm a big time hunter deer, bear, birds etc etc I'm not against killing things for sport, food etc just no point in this and the reason of CWD is ignorant if that's such a concern then ban recreational feeding, they say that such a factor in the spread but don't change the rule, and then do this ? Can't have it both ways, somebody screwed up...

I didn't think you were, its all cool agree to disagree I just don't think it helps much I'm not mad or offended about it just don't think will serve much purpose in the end. Not many people put collars on critters I've never heard of until now, and like I said CWD aspect is so non issue considering the half a-- rules that send mix messages anyway. Feel like DNR uses that as crutch to enforce or justify decisions at time but don't invest the discipline in the cause.

Picture was funny smile