• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jewel ready to give birth in den

harvey lee

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

whats the big deal about taking video of tame bears having cubs. I don't get it. I do however enjoy the eagle cams.

I believe they are wild bears with a tracking device on them

I guess I thought it was cool to see anything born in the wild. One does not see this ever day.

Well harvey you can watch 2 previous years of the same on their page enjoy if you have nothing better to do watch all 3 seasons..

Me Id rather watch poppy work a gill pill...

I going to get a couple hamsters and film them having offspring, maybe the neighbor will let me film his dogs having pups. Domesticated hand fed bears are not research, they are pets.

Now gods forbid they die in the den as some cubs do. If such a traumatic yet natural tragedy happens it was most likely due to the stress of last year’s hunting season.

crazy

I have never read that they are not wild bears!! Nothing said either about them being in a pen or high wure cage.

I guess if one does not want to see it, then don't go there. Also been up to 20,000 viewing at one time. Many people must be bored.

Most times there are 5,000 plus people viewing this so someone must be interested.

Maybe you should post your video of your pet hamsters and we could see justy how many have interest in that!! Doubt 20,000 at one time.

Here we go again.......

Thinking the same thing.

I wonder how many of those 20K viewers want to shut down bear hunting altogether.

Bear the answer would be none if those 20K would crawl into that den and snuggle up with those little squirts. That would be there last act on this earth.

Don't know how wild or tame they are but they are out and about. Hope was shot by a hunter last year. Jewels moms younger sister. lol It's a family affair. So I guess Hope was Jewels aunt. I think doing this they just set themselves uo for dissapointment and tears.

Could happen but one never knows. They do have radio collars on and they also know that the bear could get shot by a hunter anyways.

Part of the chance one takes to do the research.

Is the research private or tax dollars?

Is the research private or tax dollars?

I have no idea and I am not concerned about that. I am sure there could be some tax dollars coming from a research grant. Thats seems to be how these research programs do work.

I guess next time I see one of these video's, I will keep it to myself that way eyeguy, you will not have to be so concerned about a bad thing.

lol, just wondering Harvey. no soup for you. ;>)

Harvey,

Do some of your own research on Lynn Rogers, the creator of this whole nightmare. Lynn is a piece of work, The only thing I can appreciate from the whole bear center was getting Ely named the coolest small town in the nation last year, all because of lily. Otherwise I have no time for the pompis jacka$$. Most of those 20,000 have never seen a bear before or know anything about them. Most likely all people from overseas that just see them as Winnie the Pooh!!! Anytime a person can walk in the woods and say "here bear, here bear" and have one of these "wild bear" come up and feed from the hand is hardly a wild bear. Sorry for the rant.

Yes it is neat to see the images from the den, but it is not needed, let nature do what nature knows.

Well let's just hope Jewel doesn't get smoked this year cuz hunters will be trashed even more by the nuts out there.

I posted a link on the Lily page, not controversial in the least, simply a story about the chinese media talking about bears crying over their dead leader...They pulled my post off the site, and sent me an explanation...thought I'd share it with you so you could see another side of what these people are promoting. Now for perspective, she is talking about a nicely posed photo of me sitting behind my deer harvested this last season. It is the very small profile pic that accompanies any post you make on FB. They occasionaly post photos of dead animals in their updates, such as one of them sitting on top a half eaten bloody deer carcass, another of a vole killed by a mink and left on a branch, etc. so their claim of not allowing "dead animals" on the site are rediculous. They also display at least a dozen "dead" taxidery subjects in the bear center.

January 12

Lily Mod-Anna

We appreciate your interest in Lily the Black Bear. We read with interest your link about the Chinese Bears and agree that it is not likely true. Since this is a family friendly page, we have been asked to not have photos of dead animals on the page, even in profile pics so your post was removed. We are happy for you to be posting on the page, just not with that photo.

Thank you for understanding.

Anna

January 12

James Doerr

Anna, I am greatly upset with the fact that WRI has set guidlines on the FB site with such incredible anti-hunting bias.

My post was entertaining and certainly not inflamitory in any way. I know Lynn and Sue well, and have had their assurance that they support hunting. Of course, nothing is more "family Friendly" than a family based activity like hunting.

If this is truly where they stand, then it most certainly gives me pause on the support I have given them in the past. I stood up for Lynn when he was charged with hunter harrassment in the Kevin Nathan case, I have insisted that none of my hunting party shoots the collared bears while we hunt the area, and have spoken with many other hunters in the area, to encourage their cooperation as well. I can't even begin to tell you how upset this little slight has made me.

Again, I do not blame you personally, as I am sure this is in line with the rules set forth by Lynn and Sue. I assure you my dissapointment is with WRI, not with you personally. Thank you for letting me know where, I, and hunters in general stand with the site.

James

January 13

Lily Mod-Anna

Dear James,

I’ve given a lot of thought to the message I sent you yesterday. Profile photos are personal. They represent a person and are often chosen carefully. You are rightfully sensitive about being told how you can represent yourself.

First let me assure you that an overriding piece of guidance we (the mods) have been given by Dr. Rogers and Sue is that this page is NOT anti-hunting. We are to allow opinions from all groups so long as they are expressed respectfully.

In general, we have found hunters to be sensitive to the feelings of others and no longer display dead animals in public. Displaying one on your personal Facebook page is not an issue, but displaying one on a public Facebook page isn’t much different than displaying it on the hood of your car.It's 'in your face' and many find it offensive. We have even found that some people who support hunting are offended.

Lily's page is not a hunting page or an anti-hunting page. Many fans do not understand or like hunting—but WRI has never been shy about their support of hunting and the need for hunting to manage wildlife populations.

We can support hunting without promoting it. Hunting is not what we're about. We are about education and research.

We hope there is a photo you would be happy to use as your profile picture that does not include a dead animal. We would welcome your posts.

Anna

Here is the profile pic I was using. Of course it was only about 1cm x 1cm at the edge of my post, not this large.

full-16801-16923-deerwithbloodynose.jpg

Thanks Boar! My sentiments exactly!

My point is...what is more family friendly than hunting! And really, what is so controversial about hunting, that they won't even allow any evidence to suggest that you hunt to be dispayed on their site? Goes to show who they pander to, the absolute anti crowd.

How about a picture of you eating a big juicy steak...god some people are just nieve and ignorant its judgemental as hell you not being able to post with that profile pic.