• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Metro Jumbos

MN BassFisher

I got out the morning of MLK day to a new spot to try for some Jumbo perch. I got into some nice fish with a good average size. They might not be jumbos, like some of the ones, in Mille Lacs but I was thrilled to get into perch this size in the Metro. Especially on a heavily pressured lake. What better way to start the day than with some early morning fishing!

Between tanager lake and browns bay, a few years back, hold some decent Perch or what ppl like to call it mini jumbos. I believe there is still jumbos up to 8-10in in those area-through out minnetonka. But nice video.

nice video, what kind of camera did you use?

Thanks! I filmed quite a bit this summer from my kayak but trying to get some Ice footage as well. I use a Kodak Playsport ZX3. Good point and shoot video camera, and it's waterproof up to ten feet. For around $100, I have gotten my money's worth.

Yeah, the bite was great. Jigging produced on average smaller fish, most of my bigger ones came on fathead minnows. I ran out of minnows, the action was better than I anticipated. Yeah, they weren't huge fish by any means like you can get north of the Metro, the biggest was right around 11 (not on video) and several between 9-10. I will take a day like that any time!

i dont know mitch, looks like you caught one and looped the video!

just kidding, nice job! with the new baby i have only been on the ice 3 times for a total of maybe 10 hrs and i've only caught two fish...... been a brutal season for me so far.

i dont know mitch, looks like you caught one and looped the video!

just kidding, nice job! with the new baby i have only been on the ice 3 times for a total of maybe 10 hrs and i've only caught two fish...... been a brutal season for me so far.

Ha, yeah most were like cookie cutters of the next. Couple larger ones in the mix but a good average size for a lake near me. How is the new addition to the family doing!?

the new guy is doing pretty well. i bought a new ice house so i gave him my old one....probably not many other 8 week old kids out there with their own ice house! now i just need to train him to hold a rod so i can have two more lines in the water!

Hey.

Is that the same fish over and over? Just kidding....

Thanks for the great video and very nice day to be out.

Yeah, it was a school of 8-9 inchers with the occasional 10-11" mixed in. Fun day. Friends have pulled 12" out of there, that's what I want, 12+"