• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Portavilla Question

NEMPLSFisherMan

Hey Chris, I'll be up there on Thursday. We rented one of your six man. I am the one with the long name. I have rented from you before also. My question is how you have your 6 man located? Are they grouped together like you had your 2 and 4 mans or are they away from other houses? Just wondering because you know me, I love the loud music at night and I don't want to disturb anyone. Can't wait to get up there!!

Thanks for the heads up we will try to get you guys grouped with Shanty and Zoo they fish hard during the day but those boys party very hard its a birthday bash.

We have been shifting houses back and fourth like always the groups change all the time. We have family groups, party groups, and of course our gated community groups. This year there is no snow so we have been using broken ice as a gate. The wheel houses have been in two groups and the skids in two groups, so far we have been able to shuffle them to work for the guys.

Like I told Shanty and Zoo please no pressure ridge jumping this year and thanks for the heads up. We will try to have you a little deeper so may still get some kind of bite. I guess we will see just how many guys fit in a 6 man and yes we have enough ice.

We party all day and all night and fish all day and night! The music tends to get louder as we drink crazy We usually do not shut it down till around 3 and 4am grin Honestly, I think the music draws them in! The fish tend to really like Billy Idol Rebel Yell the best(FYI) 2c Calls them right in every time!

The girls from Hibbing just emailed and I quote " Thanks again! The house was great! So much more room and we loved the oven! We determined that the fish were drawn in by playing Lady Gaga on the cd player"

Danny and I swear it's Nickel Back, this is more common than jig colors. I think it sets a rythmum to the jigging. Some of the guys have also been romancing them in with low lighting and candles.

All of this just confirms the theory that fish are like women.

Awesome! Thanks! Can't wait to get up there on Thursday. We'll be fishing and drinking all day and night too. I personal like to jam out to some got country music! Nothing gets the fish in like the great song Chicken Fried.

Hopefully the spot you put us at will bring in some fish in the house. We have a rookie URL fishermen and a person who has never stayed in a sleeper before.

See ya Thursday around noon.

NEMPLSFisherMan you need to update your name... FYI you moved .... to all who hate country music I know half of our house will be trying to play some real music...

yes we have a rookie to URL, but 4 of us stayed in TK's house for a couple of nights last year....

Can we just skip work tomorrow?

Will Rogers be open at 11 or later? our 6th will be getting in a little late...

Oh great Billy Idol and a country music song called fried chicken 24 hours a day!

Chris is it too late to cancel my reservation? laugh

See ya on the ice Friday.

Chris where are you putting them I probably need to be away from that area this weekend? But to each there own I hope they rip it up and have the trip of their lives and fish are the bonus!

Chris where are you putting them I probably need to be away from that area this weekend? But to each there own I hope they rip it up and have the trip of their lives and fish are the bonus!

What kind of music do u listen to cry

Most anything just don't need the volume like I used to! Can't hear anymore the way it is due to many years on old tractors and no hearing protection. Hope you guys have fun I am going to step outside at night (need to anyway to relieve the bladder another affect of old age)and see if I can find your location. Enjoy the lake it is a great place to spend time.

And I'm not ripping on you guys or crying I belive that you can do anything you want as long as it is not destroying the lake recources, but at the same time I would choose not to be in between your two houses. Hope that does not offend you!

MNfan,

These two groups have stayed with us many times and you can't find better guys. The inside joke that you are in the middle of is they are coming to tear it up and that they do. They work hard and play hard my brochure is filled with pics from these guys. What they are saying is we don't plan on sleeping and pressure ridge jumping is nothing gets in their way. They are a lot of fun.

My Grandmother didn't much care for the hippies until one day she broke down on the road and the hippies towed her home and put a new starter in her car, everyone else drove by. Being in the middle of these guys may be your lucky day.

Being in the middle of these guys may be your lucky day.

I like that. grin

NEMPLS, Shanty see you on the ice tomorrow. Maybe your enthusiasm will rub off on us.

Woohoo counting the hours! Even the women are getting keyed up to go! I know we are going to have a great time...heck we might even get some fish!See all you guys tomorrow nite!