• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
curt quesnell

How did the FM Get together turn out anyway.?

curt quesnell

Ok! Here is the deal. This Saturday from noon to 3 as many fellow FMers as possible will converge on the Zippel Bay Igloo. It's a good old fashioned Get To Gether. The Igloo is climate controlled, there is light foodstuffs and beverages available and it is roomy and quiet for visiting.

If you dont want to quit fishing for 3 hours, take a half hour and stretch your legs and come and find out what these guys and gals look like that we all read and interact with at Hot Spot Outdoors.

With the event in the Igloo I think we have found a perfect venue for an event like this.

I will also be there on behalf of North Country Outdoors Radio to meet and greet.

See you then!

curt quesnell

Oh yes and unless they are doing two in a row it is NOT Gopher/Sioux weekend.

LakeoftheWoods

no, but I have to work this weekend smile

Northlander

Curt Im doing all I can to get up that way. You have a PM by the way.

R_B

I should be there. Looking forward to meeting some of you

curt quesnell

Last call. I am heading out later today and am looking forward to seeing and meeting some new FMers Saturday from noon to 3 at the Zippel Igloo.

WhiskeyPete

I'll be lurking around the Igloo Saturday if I can get away for an hour or two.

BIGD2360

sounds interesting grin

CHLIQ69

You don't even have to quite fishing. Zipples igloo has holes inside that you can rent. A couple years ago they were a lincoln an hour.

Ballyhoo

How did it go?

curt quesnell

It must have been a great day of fishing because all but 20 people kept their lines in the water on Saturday. But, dispite the smallish

crowd, some pretty cool people showed up. a group of 4 from Ironwood

Michigan, another group from Richmond(Richland?) Wisconsin, Richfield Minnesota, East Grand Forks Minnesota and another group from the metro area all came by to visit and share some fishing talk.

All of the guys that came by were staying out in sleepers and were having great weekends.

Steve Southerland(Northlander to all of us) fished with me for the weekend and we had a pretty good time talking fishing but actual fishing wasn't great. Steve was changing baits like crazy and I encouranged him to keep going and find something that would work and I

would dupicate his successful strategy.

Going into the weekend, My water lines were frozen at the cabin and I had a permanent house frozen down out on the lake already. But things worked out pretty well by Sunday.

I shot a bunch of video with my fancy new video camera and it was all either sideways or upside down or in some other way unuseable. dang.

Thanks to Northlander for coming all the way over to represent FM.

The Igloo at Zippel Bay is very cool and I finally got to meet Lake of the Woods legend "Cooker" (I got permission from him to fish the reef that bears his name).

That is what happened Saturday at the Fishing Minnesota Get Together.

Boar

Well curt I didnt make it over,my appologies. Bad news friday with work layoffs an I was one of them, took any wind outa my sail. Hopefuly will be short term. Glad to here the turn out was a success. Sorry i missed some of u guys. Boar

northerndave

Sorry to hear that boar. Hope it's short term.

I'm also sorry I missed the get together. I was over on the west side of the lake woopin and a wompin the fish.

I wish I could have made it.

cluelessfisherman

I too had plans to meet everyone at the igloo, but once we got the wheel house set up, we were on the fish. I had the best trip we have ever had up there with over 100 fish for 3 guys. Several pout, a jumbo perch, and a couple beautiful walleyes over 20" - all the big fish moved in in the middle of the day.

From 11-3, we couldn't run two lines each as things were happening so fast!

Northlander

First off I want to thank you Curt for having me this weekend. You are truely one of the good guys that FM has helped me meet over the years. I really appreciate everything you did for me this weekend. Tel Mark and his family thanks you for everything too. Steve I hope your Nils auger is hummin better than ever now. That new blade I put on it was just sharened by Surface Tension so it will cut like mad for ya.

Fishing was over all fair to dead but a good time was had by all.

Curt I will send up your package as soon as I find them jigs in the mess I call a garage.

R_B

It was great to meet you guys this weekend!