• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ND's Ben Blood

Hockey Guy

Wow, I had no idea that Ben Blood was so strong! That was very impressive how he pushed the unexpecting, 130 pound, Kyle Rau right out of that handshake line. Very impressive...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scsavre

• cbrooks

• Bear55

• Bryce

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't played around with this mobile thing long enough to insert my standard reply. Any Sioux fan feel free to insert my whambulance photo or the dial whine-1-1 caption.

You're right, Blood was whining pretty badly in order to do something like that. I didn't want to come right out and call him a whinner because it was sort of understandable after they just got spanked at home like they did. It wasn't so much his whining as his lack of class to do it to the smallest player on the ice. Maybe he will find a puppy on his way home that he can kick to really make himself feel like a man...

Hey, Hockey Guy I couldn't agree more with you. What a joke. Be careful with Bryce you do know he supposedly attended Dunwoody? It's been awhile since he has chimed in on here. Ditch digging season must be on hold till spring?

Be careful with Bryce you do know he supposedly attended Dunwoody?

Scrum frog, good to have you back on here. Did Bryce ever take you up on that boat ride last summer winkgrin

I didn't even see the incident. Just had to stir things up. Find it very hard to imagine it was just an impulse move though. What happened during the game to bring it on? Might have even been from Fridays game. First thing I would look for is a knee to knee hit. Lucia skaters are notorious for this cheapshot. Blood pulling him out of the line probably wasn't the best recourse but it is historically the Sioux way.

Just your common everyday Sioux handshake attack, I am more shocked when it doesn't happen after a loss to the Gophers.

Id be embarraseed to be a Sioux fan, what a despicable team.

That said, if comcast were a person I would punch them right in the face because my DVR didnt work. does anyone know if you can watch the whole game online?

The highlights I saw were just typical stupid Sioux cheap shot. The cross check on Rau after the bjugstedt goal, the really cool way the Sioux pushed Patterson down after they scored. Just more examples of classless hockey out of the Sioux. I did no tlike the Alt hit, but honestly it wasnt all numbers. Shanny woulda said it was clean against a wild player.

Blood wishes he was that d bag from a few years ago I cant even remember his name, 6"5 or something.

Come on Brooks, you gotta be a little embarrassed about some of their antics. The handshake stuff is just dumb, and honestly, teams that always go after the little guys, really arnt looking tough.

Side, note any fish to be caught anywhere.

] Blood wishes he was that d bag from a few years ago I cant even remember his name, 6"5 or something.

Joe Finley.....?

].

Side, note any fish to be caught anywhere.

I haven't been out this yearat all yet.

The only thing that I was embarrass about this weekend was Kristo reaction after being ejected. Checking from behind should have a zero tolerance it was the right call. I also saw Minnesota check from behind on Andre Williams with about a minute left on Friday...no call but hey that the way things go. I saw Gopher players getting chippy as well as UND players. Its a heated rilvary that goes both ways. I probably shouldn't admit this but I enjoy the end of the game fighting smile. Handshakes are over rated too grin. Go ahead tear me apart fellas smile.

With all that being said. I hope this rilvary doesn't just die after the league shakeup starting next year.

The rivalry is going to die because of the Sioux and their goonery. They wont make the schedule because there is no point to play a team that just wants to goon it up. I assume it will be even cheaper if its a non conference game. Ill miss the rivalary, but im getting a little sick of it. Too many childish cheapshots. Blood takes a slapshot with 2 seconds left, his only intention is to hit a gopher with his shot. Thats just dumb. This is college, they are student athletes hopefully not being paid.

I like the pushing and shoving and I love it when they drop their gloves, but honestly when its Blood going after the smallest guy on the team. Thats not tough hockey, its just cheap. Why does Blood let 15 Gophs go past and then call punch Rau. The Sioux never going after an able body. Do you ever see the biggest guy on the Gophs try to fight the smallest guy on the other team..no. Blood if you wanna fight, go grab Helgeson and fight.

Nope! He never showed up. Maybe next summer? I have been busy so not much time to keep up with you guys. I figured it was bout that time this forum would pick up in chatter. So let the heckling begin.

I didn't even see the incident. Just had to stir things up. Find it very hard to imagine it was just an impulse move though. What happened during the game to bring it on? Might have even been from Fridays game. First thing I would look for is a knee to knee hit. Lucia skaters are notorious for this cheapshot. Blood pulling him out of the line probably wasn't the best recourse but it is historically the Sioux way.

So breaking the code is just typical Sioux hockey?

I bleed Sioux green, but Blood should have found a way not to embarras himself and the program. Now halo (Gopher) fans, your holier than thou squad had a lot of cheap shots this weekend, but I sure wouldn't want to tarnish your image of your pride on ice pedestal.

]The rivalry is going to die because of the Sioux and their goonery.

Not quite. What other teams create this type of passion, "hatred," and REVENUE for each team, host city's, and fans? It's not going to be the same because they're going to play less frequently, and that may diminish the rivalry. Climb back on your pedestal now . . .

The rivalry is going to die becasue of the Big 10 network, who will have something to put on the air on Friday Nights.

Money rules all in college sports.

Man, do I hate cake eater whiners. Toughen up a little bit gopher fans.

No doubt the cheap stuff was going both ways, fine with that, actually happy because it use to go one way before the Gophs started standing up for themselves. Blood lost his cool, made himself look stupid in the process going after Rau, no big deal here either, I just like to rile up the Sioux faithful.

Things get a little out of hand every now and then but I would never want to see these teams stop playing each other.

They will find a way to continue the series, believe me. As far as Blood's antics it is just business as usual whether it be a 130lb Rau or a 225lb Alt, the emotions are just running high at that point. As for the games, it was great hockey, UND is going to be there in the end and if Patterson continues playing so well the gophs will be there too and round 3 may happen. What stood out for me is how dominating Nick Bjugstad is and how he is a step ahead of all his other teammates which can make him ineffective at times, wish he had Kristo playing on his line!

It has nothing to do with toughening up, again, the Sioux always go for the little guy. How is that tough.

THe rivalry will die because, not many people down here give a rip about the Sioux. I know you guys like to think you are this awesome rivalry and we try to make it that way. Only the die hard Goph fans like me really care that much. The rest of the Twin Cities doesnt really care that much. And honestly when youve got guys doing things like Blood did, it turns more and more people off.

Also, its not tough to get cheap because your team is getting worked over on the scoreboard, that is undisciplined and is way wimpier then anything you say Gopher fans do.

I do like how some of you Sioux fans take the 96 to 2008 seasons and think you guys are tough. The gophs have slaughtered the canadiens on the score board and in the ring for the other 35 years.

I dont know that I have ever seen a goph not fight when called out against a Sioux when it wasnt a stupid situation.

I would almost say that the Sioux are the ones that turtle. You tube a few Mankato Sioux fights, the Sioux run so fast.

Brooks, get a hold of your fans.

And as far as the code, Sioux fans are not going to understand.....because 95% never played the game.

Side note, feels like hockey season, we've got some chatter, welcome back Scum Frog, I do enjoy your feather ruffling.

All Rau can do is chirp - God knows he'd get schmoosed if a real fight broke out. He's in no position to be saying stuff - unless, of course, he has a Golden Gloves trophy along with all those other awards.

You roll the dice...you pay the p[rice.

We all know chirping is a part of the game. Hit him clean him between the whistles. Give him a push...etc. And what evidence do you have of him chirping? I have not seen anything and I have asked a couple guys and sounds like Hanson is the worst Chirp on the team.

I see plenty of trash talking from the Sioux, many times last year it was embarrassing when they did their some what hood rat head bobbing trash talking.

Now Barribal, annoying trash talker.

]the Sioux always go for the little guy.

It does kind of give Joe Finley a shread of credibility, at least he went after a 6'5" Blake wheeler and had the courtesy to pull him out of line to fight. Blood just sucker punches the smallest guy on the ice. grin

I am pretty sure all players talk smack out there, if Blood can't handle it he should probably take up croquet or chess.

"]It has nothing to do with toughening up, again, the Sioux always go for the little guy. How is that tough.

THe rivalry will die because, not many people down here give a rip about the Sioux. I know you guys like to think you are this awesome rivalry and we try to make it that way. Only the die hard Goph fans like me really care that much. The rest of the Twin Cities doesnt really care that much. And honestly when youve got guys doing things like Blood did, it turns more and more people off.

Also, its not tough to get cheap because your team is getting worked over on the scoreboard, that is undisciplined and is way wimpier then anything you say Gopher fans do.

I do like how some of you Sioux fans take the 96 to 2008 seasons and think you guys are tough. The gophs have slaughtered the canadiens on the score board and in the ring for the other 35 years.

I dont know that I have ever seen a goph not fight when called out against a Sioux when it wasnt a stupid situation.

I would almost say that the Sioux are the ones that turtle. You tube a few Mankato Sioux fights, the Sioux run so fast.

Brooks, get a hold of your fans.

And as far as the code, Sioux fans are not going to understand.....because 95% never played the game.

Side note, feels like hockey season, we've got some chatter, welcome back Scum Frog, I do enjoy your feather ruffling.

[pleasebecomeasponsor], you must be on a different hockey planet! Time and time again, Gopher fans's favorite series is ND and/or Sconny. Nothing else comes close and you know it!

"Slaughtered"? Really. Gophers own the series record, which is fairly close to .500, but I'll give you that. I'll point to who has the better series record over the past 5 years, but, I guess nobody cares, right? I could go with the 7>5. Slaughtered!

Sioux running away from fights - not so sure about that. My favorite was in GF a few years ago when a scuffle broke out and Gopher players were chirping behind the refs and Lucia. Classic Gopher "toughness."

Gotta love the banter about this series . . . but, again, nobody cares, right?

All that said, I still don't defend what Finley and Blood did . . . every program/sports team has had players fans aren't pleased about.

Time and time again, Gopher fans's favorite series is ND and/or Sconny.

I have to agree with this, UND is my favorite series and there is no close 2nd. Sure we will probably build a new heated rivalry with Michigan but I just don't know how it will ever be the same as the hate that comes with a UND Gopher series. Dispite the fact that WI has more NC's that us it just doesn't have the same intensity as a UND series. Plus we just own them so bad head to head it's hard to even consider that a rivalry. After UND my 2nd fav rivalry is whoever is good that year, lately the UMD games have been great, a while back the St Cloud series were fun. WI or CC once in a while but the constant has alwasy been UND, at least for this gopher fan. I really hope they keep it going.