• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

StrikeMaster Polar Vision Digital Sonar

Question

There are probably many of you guys already using these great little hand-held sonars, but for those of you that don't have one it would be a good addition to your ice fishing arsenal.
I have had mine for a couple of years and it has been an invaluable tool for finding a particular depth of water or piece of structure in a flash.
The Polar Vision looks like and is about the size of a flashlight.
For operation all you need to do is pour a small amount of water on top of the ice, place the transducer end down on it and press the button.The depth will appear on the liquid crystal display,plus the display is lighted for use at night.
The PolarVision will get an accurate depth reading through the worst ice.It is not intended to do what your vexilar does,but it will help you find that drop-off or deep hole in a flash .

Hope we get some snow tonight!!
Good Catches This Weekend !!

[This message has been edited by Fish Master (edited 01-17-2003).]

4 answers to this question

I have one too. It will definitely not replace my vex, but it is great for pike fishing with tip-ups. I can carry it in my pocket and drill holes at the desired depth rather than a whole bunch of holes tryng to locate the desired depth. I always feel it's better to drill as few holes as I can in order to not spook the fish. Maybe I am wrong, but it works for me!

The hubby just got a Polar Vision for Christmas. I don't know about the older style ones, but ours also has an alarm that will beep if it detects fish and will display the depth that it detected them at for a few seconds. It's a handy little tool.

--------

Fishn'Lady

[This message has been edited by Fishn'Lady (edited 01-17-2003).]