• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
DRH1175

Winter boots?

Question

DRH1175

Is there a boot you can buy that is made in America or Canada any more? I have a pair of Sorel Dominators they are the Canadian made ones and are about 15 years old. Still in good shape but the bottom felt is starting to get quite squooshed. I can't find the same type of liners. The thick wool felt. And it is impossible to find the bottom felt. So I thought maybe I would just buy a new pair of boots. I looked at them all. Baffin, Sorel, Lacrosse, Kamik etc... Every single on of these American and Canadian boots are now made in China, or Thailand. What a disappointment. I took them all apart and they are not made like My original Sorels. No extra felt or reflective material on the bottom. No wool. All Polyester [PoorWordUsage]! What is our country coming too!

20 answers to this question

Sorgy

Schnees boots are made in Montana. They make a very nice pack boot.

I am sure they have a website.

good Luck

Steve

Pooh

look into something made by Redwing or Irish setter. As far as I know they are made in MN. I know my red wing steel toes for work are almost 3 years old. The leather is in pretty good shape yet, but the glue for the soles is letting go. They've been a GREAT boot, you pay for it, but worth every penny. Best part is comfort. About like slipping on a pair of slippers...

Quality is worth every penny, and I doubt you will be disapointed with either of these 2 companys

remington 300

pooh, even redwings arnt all made in the usa anymore, you can still get a boot made in redwing but your going to pay alot for them $300.00+,but the quality will be, well redwing quality,im sure this is common among the other boot companies as well, sad isnt it?

anyway when buying boots lately i get them from cabelas, they stand behind there products,regardless of where there made,

goodluck,

mike.

NoWiser

Just an idea, but maybe you could buy some of the wool felt insoles from Steger Mukluks out of Ely, and cut them down to the size you need? If you combined that with their reflective insoles, you could have an alternative to what you are looking for, for around $20.00.

TruthWalleyes

I like my Irish setter outrider 1000g. King Toe Knee are another good boot with extra toe room for warmth.

25% of the stuff we used to make at our company last year is now over in china... frown

ishy

On the back of my Lacrosse boots they say MADE IN USA. Is that not the case any more?

DTro

What about Baffin boots? Aren't they made in Canada?

chad austin

Yes the Baffin boots are made in Canada DTro. I got a pair from my wife this Christmas and although I haven't been able to put them to the test quit yet (not cold enough) they are very comfortable to wear and have kept my feet warm in the portable(on the ice). I had always used Lacrosse Ice-mans but they were steel toed boots - cold and heavy

BoxMN

Weird combo, but I have been wearing my Lacrosse neoprene AlphaLites (rubber hunting boots 5 mm neoprene) with some cleats strapped to them this year, and I gotta say, they are working great! Maybe it is the cleats (not the cheap rubber kind, but the ones with a thick "Sole" that contain bolts as spikes) keep the boots raised a bit from the ice. I also have only been wearing one pair of medium heavy socks. Holy cow, they are working great. And comfy too. I know they have a 7 mm thick neoprene style that would work well too. Just an option for anybody who has these but hasn't tried them yet.

(not related, but I have been wearing just my fleece "pajama pants" under my bibs, and that is warm, comfy and easy to move around, and putting the fleece down the Lacrosee hunting boots makes it again very comfy and warm...)

ChuckN

Just an idea, but maybe you could buy some of the wool felt insoles from Steger Mukluks out of Ely, and cut them down to the size you need? If you combined that with their reflective insoles, you could have an alternative to what you are looking for, for around $20.00.

Or, just consider buying new Camuck Extremes made by Steger Mukluks. I did, and they are the warmest, most comfortable and lightweight ice fishing/hunting boot I have ever owned. My cold feet issues have been solved with these!

Pooh

my redwings say MADE IN USE on the tongue. Guess its something I need to look at next time I buy.

Macgyver55

DRH1175,

I've sent you a PM.

Dozer

my redwings say MADE IN USE on the tongue. Guess its something I need to look at next time I buy.

Redwings that are made in the USA have a black tag with "Red Wing" in red letters on the side of the boot. I have 2 pairs downstairs Chinese and American, the American made ones are alot better boot!

OnAFly

A buddy of mine swears by his LaCrosse AlphaLites. It's all he wears anymore whether it's on the ice or in the stand or in the field.

Mr. Nailz

All of the better style Kamiks are either made here or in Canada.

Jmeyers

Lacrosse Ice King boots are the way to go, your feet will forever be warm!

jquittum

+1

S.D. Ice Angular

Try and find yourself some White's Boots, Made in Spokane Washington.

I have had a pair of Elk Hunter Pac Boots since September of 1992. And I wore them all day again today Ice Fishing January 28th, 2012. Not sure where the nearest dealer would be but the best dang boot I have ever owned and needed.

An Awesome Boot!!!

Zenit

Right now, the Baffin Polar Eigers are on sale at the most popular internet shopping site in the world, and in all available sizes, for $87. That's a $200, -148F rated boot. I bought a pair as I have never been terribly happy with my Cabelas Inferno Pacs, and the difference is notable...in fact, not even close. Color me convinced.

laportian

Lacross alpha icemans here. Buy em two sizes big though, they seem to run small. I fish two or three days a week and 90 percent of the time I fish out in the open. I live up north and will only fish in a porty when it's ten below or worse. My feet only bother me towards the end of the day if it is subzero out.