• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2012 Bows - Discuss

sticknstring

Here's a place to discuss the new 2012 bows available to us this year. Many have already been released and are available in shops. I know some of you have patiently been awaiting the release of Bowtech's new flagship. Now that it has arrived, what do you think about the Insanity CPX & Insanity CPXL? Scoot - I know you're chomping at the bit on the XL! smile

Scoot - I know you're chomping at the bit on the XL! smile

Yes I am! However, did you see the price tag on that bugger?!? Wow!!! I will get a decent price break on it, but it'll still be expensive. I'm looking forward to shooting one though... If I can get a decent price on my bow, which I should given that it's in perfect shape and well accessorize and I get a price break on the new one, I'll be looking hard at it. Can't wait to shoot one!

Everyone cried foul when the 31" Invasion came out. I figured that 35" a2a would spark your interest! Probably a lot of other folks as well. Now if they get the mass weight down from 4.4 lbs to 3.6 lbs like the Carbon Matrix RMK, I might be interested! My 4.25 lb'er is too heavy the way it is.

They can get too light though. I have an invasion and it comes in at 3.9 and it feels to light to me, what I mean by that is it darts around a little to quick when aiming. Found that adding 4 oz. to the end of my stabilizer, really settled it down. What is nice about that bow is that adding a little weight actually levels it out, doesn't lean ahead or back, which also makes it feel lighter than it actually is. The new bows look really nice, not sure what the prices are though. 2012 hoyts are really nice too, they actually have a decent valley now IMO.

i have a 2011 EVO, no plans on upgrading it anytime soon i just dont think that the next years models are going to be worth the heavy price tag again.

The insanity looks like the PSE Xforce GX. I'm so glad to see that Bowtech found a bow that can match the looks and stats of the Xforce from 3 years ago. LOL I guess imitation is the highest form of flattery.

I like the Strothers bows, but not much else. I don't know why I look away from the G5 bows, but I guess they just need to prove their buzz is warranted.

Powerstroke, I agree that it sort of has a similar look- but not too much. However, if the Bowtech feels like the PSE does, I won't be getting one. They just don't feel/shoot well for me.

I refuse to look at the Strothers bows. He makes a fine bow, but why would anyone consider investing in the product of a company who's owner consistently closes its doors and starts from scratch under a new name? Will his current company be around in 12 months or will it disappear tomorrow, like he has done several times in the past?

Stick, my thoughts on total weight of the bow-- for many it's not about the total weight, but where the weight is. Most of the carbon bow owners I know end up adding enough weight to them so that they weigh as much as my bow. However, where the weight is does matter and I love the way the carbow bows can be balanced out without getting to be too heavy overall. Like was said above, too light and a bow can be relatively unstable. Also, really light bows are inherently louder. All of that being said, I sure love the idea of lugging around a bow that weighs a pound or two less. When hunting elk or muleys it'd make a big difference. For whiteails, I don't see how it'd matter one bit.

I really noticed the weight going from the Drenalin to the eZ7. Nearly 1/2 lb more, mostly attributed to the longer riser. Going from the eZ to the recurve, I really noticed the weight difference! I can see how a 1/4 - 1/2 lb can be a deal breaker for guys who are toting their bows around out west. I even start noticing the weight lugging it around the Nebraska hills in the spring.

I haven't test shot any bows in a while, it might be time to go try some. I certainly don't plan on buying, but who knows.

Yeah I know. I can't afford to buy anything new without selling my current bow so I don't have to worry too much, but avoiding the temptation is the best way to stay out of that mess.

Scoot, you are one company behind already. KS no longer works for Strother. He's on his own now with K and K Archery.

Yep, that's right- I forgot ...can't blame a guy for not being able to keep that mess straight, can you? crazy

• 3 weeks later...

I went with another element this year, like my 11 so much thought I'd try the 12.. It seems to hold better, no creep,, my 11 and z7 if I cheated a bit, they'd want to take off. I was wanting to shoot the BT insanity, but 4.4 pounds is a bit heavy, for what I'm now used to..

i finally shot the bear carnage and man thats my next bow for sure, very very smooth like all bear bows, but fast to, very impressed

Went to help select a bow for a MDHA banquet from Cabela's. Supposedly, we got a good deal for throwing everything onto one "tab" from Cabela's.

All they had to select were some PSEs, Diamonds and a some Bears. Thought I'd have some fun with it and asked to test drive a bow or two.. Being a lefty, I was limited on trying some out, but they had a PSE Bow Madness and a Diamond Outlaw - both of which with I.B.O. speeds significantly faster than my ol' 2004 Hoyt UltraSport.

All I've gotta say is WOW these bows nowadays are fast. Didn't like the "jump" on the shot with the Diamond too much, but was definitely fun to shoot. The Bow Madness was fast, too but had less shock or vibration on the release. The draw cycle on both is something I'll need to get used to - but I'm certain it is because it's the first time I've ever shot a speed bow, let alone bow besides the one I own. Now onto trying out the Hoyt Vector RKT and the Carbon Element RKT!! I'm quite sure I'm going to buy one of the new Hoyts as a graduation gift to myself!

Im a bowtech guy. but my buddy works at scheels in eau claire. so i tried out the Z7 extreme and the helium. i like the Z7 extreme the best. it seemed like the wall on the Helium was small. what to try and shoot the new bowtechs, when im close to a bowtech dealer. The insanity looks so cool. what does the CPX and the CPXL stand for, or is it just a name?