• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pictures of your Furbearers and Varmints

Gordie

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ray1

• Gordie

• RangerJack

• K_Josh87

Top Posters In This Topic

This little female was waiting in the trap for me last Thursday. Hard to believe she was out moving around in the weather we were having.

2013-12-05153335_zpsb5337e2f.jpg

We had some beavers cutting down trees on my Grandpa's farm. Besides pocket gophers I've never trapped anything before but I decided to give it a shot since hunting season was winding down. I got a license and a couple 330 body gripping traps, chopped a couple holes in the ice, and set a couple traps. I went the next day with my little nephew to check them and sure enough I got one of the buggers.

full-28108-40141-pic1.jpg

I got a second one a few days later. It's getting tougher now with the thicker ice, but I'm giving it a few more days. Does anyone know how many beavers are usually in a lodge? These were living in the bank of a small creek. A couple days after I got the second one there was still a frost hole coming out of the lodge. It wasn't as distinguished yesterday when I rebaited the traps. Both beavers were about 22 pounds. I was hoping maybe there were a couple bigger ones in there.

It's been fun, though! If anyone is having trouble with them in the south metro, let me know. I'd love to try to give you a hand with them!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Good catches Nowiser!! Nice Coyote Jev!!

Nice Nowiser, was that near my bro's house?

Sure was, Gordie. It was on the creek that runs under the road east of his place. It was upstream quite a ways, although I do have permission to trap all the way down to and past the bridge for quite a ways. I just need to find a couple hours to walk the creek and see if there are any beavers down that way.

It's tougher than I thought to find a place to trap them around here. I figured it would be a piece of cake, but most people I have called already have someone trapping their land. There just isn't enough public land in this part of the state to support my hobbies!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

a>

Here is a pair I shot in Iowa this past weekend... Haven't had time the past two winters to go, and finally got a weekend to get down there to give them a try, called in at least 6 yotes in this one stand, and should have killed three... missed the first one... it was most definitely the neatest stand I have had yet...

• 7 months later...

Been having a ton of fun trapping this year. We got a late start, but picked off some raccoons early, and then hit some gray fox, and now got the bobcat sets and weasel boxes rocking...

full-1826-51712-img_20141112_095901_2014

full-1826-51713-img_20141121_103312.jpg

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Nice weasel and grey Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...