• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fishing backwaters of the misssippi

metroslayer

anyone fish any back waters of the mississippi from south st paul to hastings, my buddy has been talkin about some secret hole he wont show me they been baggin big walleyes the last couple weeks im gettin [PoorWordUsage] i think there fishin the newport,woodbury, pigseye area my email is [email protected] i just need to know

Yeah I'm joking, you see these posts pop up from time to time when someone talks about the great stringers walleyes they've been catching from p2.

I realized after I posted that you were overdoing it to the point of sarcasm. But then it was out there. Oh well, someday I won't be a complete n00b. laugh

I've always wanted to fIsh the backwaters but I never knew where to go or Wichita parts even have fish.

Ah! Auto correct strikes. Lol. Wichita. Lol

sorry if baggin meant to you there keepin them , bu tmy question again is does anyone know where there are backwaters to fish in that area, so there will be no turnin anyone in we grew up here we know the laws, so way to get off the subject get a life

Anyone that has any honey hole won't share them on a public forum because it will be elbows to arseholes the next day... LOL!

But... Check out the hidden falls area in St. Paul. There are some back water (old marinas) that can be productive for crappies and eyes if you catch it at the right times of the year.

If U were on I 35 just before wichita u would have seen backwaters. El Dorado state park with the lake that crosses under 35 with all those trees and stumps pokeing up out of the water. if that dont say backwaters i dont know what does. Yea theres Walleys in the Mississipi lets go catch some then report back to me where u caught yours and ill do the same. winkgrin

Metroslayer - If anyone says anything on this forum that could be inferred as breaking a law, someone at some point will site the law. It's not a personal attack.

I have heard of people doing well on pannies in the backwaters. I seem to remember a post about it last year. It can be hit or miss, but if you hit them, it's pretty good.