• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shoulder Mounts - Lets see them again

broken line

full-9225-16119-2011273.jpg

full-9225-16120-2011274.jpg

I really enjoyed seeing all the shoulder mount pictures last year so lets try it again. The one facing to the right is from 2010 rifle season - scored approximately 135....the one facing to the left is from 2011 bow season - scored 155 7/8. I have nothing else to show for my past 25 years of hunting unfortunately !!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scoot

• certified jumbo

• bmc

• bassnbucks

Nicest 12 I have shot-scored I believe 172. North Dakota deer

August2006010deer-2.jpg

This one scored around 148, not that wide but still a decent 10. Minnesota deer

Picture893.jpg

This one needs the cape attached, is a nice 10 but not alot of spread. North Dakota deer

Picture892.jpg

I have a few more P&Y bucks but the racks are laying in the shed. The others are from North Dakota and Montana.

Awesome stuff, fellas! Tom, that straight 12 of yours is so dang impressive! Clean, symetrical, and perfect!

Crappie- wow, that's quite a little nook you've got there! How'd you get your wife to put all those heads in there?

Donbo- awesome! I absolutely LOVE the whitetails- really nice. Great goat and nice muley too!

I've only shoulder mounted one deer in my life. I'll save the pics for a while- I'm working on a project I hope to finish in the next month or so and I'll get some pics with that and the deer in the background. I hope my project turns out as great as I'm envisioning it...

Scoot, I am divorced, own my house and my girlfriend lives with me at a very discounted rate. That means I pretty much have last say on the interior decorating. Hoping to add on a 4 season porch with a woodburner and all mounts in a year or two.

Crappie.WOW! Thats just a great collection of giants! But I suppose it doesn't take long to get a collection like that together when you shoot 2 wall mounters a year!

Here's a blackbear that I arrowed Sept. 1997. I got him on the first night, after passing him up thinking he was too small. Then a 150'ish pound bear came in and I knew I screwed up. When this one came in the 2nd time, he walked the exact same trail right under my stand. Talk about deja vu! He dressed 250 lbs.

img0124wj.jpg

I shot this buck, a 9 pointer in Boone County, Iowa November 2000. That was the year I left my miserable X, so it has extra special meaning! grin I went to hunt one stand that was so overgrown w/ multi flora rose that I couldn't hack my way through to get to the tree. Our buddies had shot some big deer out of this stand, so I was bummed. I went to another stand on the edge of a bean field and climbed in. An hour later, 13 turkeys walked by single file and 5 minutes later this guy is standing broadside at 15 yds. I made a less than perfect shot and spined him and he dropped on the spot. I was so rattled that I tried 3 or 4 times to draw my bow to shoot him again, but couldn't. I had to sit on my stand, close my eyes, draw my bow in the opposite direction of the deer, and then turn to him and make a perfect lung shot. He grossed 126" P & Y.

img0125cx.jpg

I'm impatiently waiting for my antelope from last fall.

Brian

Nice bit of history behind those trophy's Brian. Beautiful bear hide! Great looking mounts to everyone else as well. Very impressive room CR.

I have only one contribution to add, my 2010 MN buck.

full-9397-16770-101_0184.jpg

Three awesome additions, fellas! Nice critters!!!

I just ordered the final piece to my project- if all goes well I'll get it together and post some pics in a month or so...

Scoot..................a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Fairly big project + limited time + no talent/skill = 1 month! laugh

Fun thread to see everyone's mounts and rooms...I'll play.

Left to right: 1996 Shotgun, NW Iowa. 2009 Muzzleloader, NW Iowa. 2010 Archery, Southern Iowa. 2004 Archery, NW Iowa. Scores ranging from 139 to 147.

P1050431.jpg

And soon to be added...assuming we can find room on the wall. grin Daughter's 2011 Muzzleloader buck.

P1050606.jpg

Great wall NWBuck! I have no doubt you'll find room for your daughter's buck, even if it means moving one of yours to the garage! smile Is that a 3x3? Wow.

Great wall NWBuck! I have no doubt you'll find room for your daughter's buck, even if it means moving one of yours to the garage! smile Is that a 3x3? Wow.

Thanks...yeah, it is a giant 3x3 frame with little 1 inch crabclaw points at the end of each main beam, so technically an 8 I suppose. Shooting a big deer is fun, but watching one of your kids shoot a big deer is waaaaaay better grin

BTW, eyeguy, love those velvet racks!! What state did they come from?

Lots of nice deer. It is interesting to see the difference in taxidermy work - it really proves that its an "art" and not a "job."

Great mounts everyone! Ive only done euro mounts so far, after I finish my ND buck from this year Ill post pics.

Eyeguy-- Was there extra costs to do the mounts with velvet?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

ND on the 3 velvet bucks. about 50 for the velvet treating. I had them freeze dried.

My Archery Buck From 2005, Bemidji, MN - 133"

078480x640.jpg

Dads Rifle 2008, Carlton, MN - 124"

075480x640.jpg

My Archery 2008, Cambridge, MN - 104"

080640x480.jpg

Dads Rifle 2009, Carlton, MN - 136"

076480x640.jpg

My Archery 2009, Carlton, MN - 124"

074640x480.jpg

Dad Rifle and My Rifle 2010, Carlton, MN - 115" and 104"

079640x480.jpg

My Archery 2011, Carlton, MN - 133" (Coming Soon......)

nice bucks, the one from carlton in 2009 must have been in rut he's sniffin some leg.

grin

Nic catch, I missed that the first time through.