• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

luedke

Im looking at getting a new flasher/gps that i can use for ice fishing and put on my boat in the summer. Any one have any ideas on what i should buy. I want one that holds a lakemaster chip. Anyone know anything about the hummingbird 385 ci? Looking to spend between 300 and 500 bucks. any info would help. thanks.

Esox_Magnum

HB is your only choice if you want to use LM...personaly I don't think there is a perfect unit for both...

dairyman

I got a bird 788ci for about $500 on sale at Reeds last spring --------it has the flasher screen as part of its ice menu and gps too. I use it for both ice and soft water fishing. I would buy it again if I was buying

Jim Uran

I've seen Dairyman's unit in action and it serves the purpose just fine!! Not sure on the LCD in ultra cold temps, but really who is going to sit on the ice in -20 with no shelter and heater smile

eyedawg

Lowrance hds has the same type of option but is a little more money. I use it for summer fishing and just use the gps option for winter.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• monstermoose78
      What colors are your go to colors?
    • PRO-V
      So Monday my buddy sees a spike and 5 pointer sparring a little bit at 150 yards in a clear-cut. Gets a good rest with 25-06, shots the 5 and it goes down like a sack of hammers. Hikes up to it, pokes it's eye and not a wiggle. Sets down empty gunand finds a log to sit on 10 feet away with his back to it and validates his tag. Turns around and the buck is gone running over a hill 100 yards away and disappears over a hill. Small spot of blood where his head was laying. Must have deflected in the brush. He said it was out cold at least 15 minutes.😫
    • papadarv
      Last night, local Anoka metro lake. 4" ice 20 ft off shore - open water 100 yards out. Not me just very young friend.
    • eyeguy 54
      great video! 
    • monstermoose78
      I will be checking a couple lakes today and I know people have been ice fishing them
    • JBMasterAngler
      As of yesterday forest lake has about 1 inch of ice, but there were still some open spots. Someone even launched their boat and went duck hunting out there. 
    • fish_time
      Be safe everyone and have a great ice season. 
    • fish_time
      We have ice! We are all excited for some ice fishing. We are talking ice safety and catching fish!  
    • MJ1657
    • monstermoose78
      Last winter was not easy for me either but this winter I will be going to some other lakes that i use to fish with my grandpa. The only good bites I got on last winter were the ones the St. Cloud boys invited me on. I just reached out to get a custom ice rod from a guy near me. I am excited to see what he can do for me. I will post as often as I can and if I get on a good bite you could tag along if ya want.