• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who should the Vikes draft?

EBass

That's why I always laugh at these college stat guys, they mean absolutely nothing.

That's why it was so funny awhile back when someone said JM ain't no Luck then someone came in and compared stats and said something along the lines of Luck can't hold JM's jock based off some college stats LMMFAO.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james_walleye

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

• LMITOUT

• zepman

What do you guys think about the Vikes drafting another one of these QB's that are still sliding? Murray, Mettenberger, Savage, ect?

I personally think it wouldn't be a bad idea. Get rid of Blunder and go into the season with Cassel, Teddy, and one of these other guys.

If Teddy is a bust there's a chance one of these other guys could be the future and none of them would be pressured from day 1 to be a starter. If both end up being good you have some trade bait or an excellent backup.

What do you guys think about the Vikes drafting another one of these QB's that are still sliding? Murray, Mettenberger, Savage, ect?

I personally think it wouldn't be a bad idea. Get rid of Blunder and go into the season with Cassel, Teddy, and one of these other guys.

If Teddy is a bust there's a chance one of these other guys could be the future and none of them would be pressured from day 1 to be a starter. If both end up being good you have some trade bait or an excellent backup.

I think this would be a good idea to draft another qb, can't believe two qb's would be a bust, maybe the one could be the next Brady, good competition. I also hope they address the offensive line, in particular guard and center positions.

I would take a flyer on Savage since he has all of the physical tools you like to see and he was bounced around a lot due to coaching changes that were out of his control.

[quote name='bucketmouth64

I think this would be a good idea to draft another qb' date=' can't believe two qb's would be a bust, maybe the one could be the next Brady, good competition. I also hope they address the offensive line, in particular guard and center positions. [/quote']

I would be all over taking another QB. I really like Murray, and think he would be excellent value down here somewhere. He looked awesome last year against Auburn and led one heck of a 4th quarter comeback only to be beaten by a fluke play.

Only problem is we are in desperate need of some interior OL help.

If we didn't need help elsewhere I would take a flyer on another QB too. My personal belief is that not only is Manziel not the best QB in the draft, when all is said and done he will be only the third best QB taken this year from the SEC. I think both Murray and McCarron are better equipped to win football games in the NFL.

Any time that McCarron is mentioned, I immediately think of Tebow.

I think of Catherine Webb. And his mom.

We need another LB, a true ILB. We should give Greg Blair from Cincinnatti a serious look. Guy doesn't have the best stats (4.8 40) but from what I've seen he does a pretty good job hawking in the middle and finding the ball. I wouldn't mind selecting another QB, any really would do. Dump Ponder, we don't need him at all. McCarron would be my choice as I wouldn't mind seeing Catherine sporting a tight pink Vikes jersey. At this point in the draft a hot girlfriend is just as valuable as pocket presence.

All good points Juice and thanks for the (Catherine) image of sporting a tight pink Vikes jersey.

It's pretty clear that Zimmer and Co. like our group of LB'ers that we have right now. Other than Barr, and a late round special teams guy, they didn't even sniff the LB position in this draft...or FA.

Mauti, Hodges, and Cole must have passed the Zimmer test...add Brinckley to this list as well. Zimmer must have seen something in ALL of these guys to completely ignore the LB position from this years draft. He went big time CB competition....

It'll be intersting to see how he uses them all this year....

My guess is Mauti or Brinkley start at the middle but are only 1 or 2 down guys....from there, it'll get interesting!!

Dr. Juice, I didn't think it required elaboration.

1)All TB can throw is dink/dunk passes to TE's.

2)They gave up a 2nd and a 4th. It really sucked to get a second 1st rounder didn't it?

3)You wanted Henderson in the 4th.

Rediculous, brah

Maybe I shouldn't have said "entire post". I liked the Barr pick.

Didn't want Henderson with a 4th rounder, my theory was since we would've had an extra pick that we lost.

Bridgewater is a short pass guy, very Ponder-esque. TE pop pass is his specialty.

You simply listed a twisted version of what I stated with zero back up to why you think it's rediculous. Do you need me to copy and paste Websters definition of elaborate, brah?

They did NOT give up their 2nd rounder...they used it at pick #32.

They did give up their 4th...

2nd & 4th for a 1st. That's 2 for 1 however you want to look at it for a guy that you better pray Norv coaches his up big time cause he doesn't look like much more than a slightly more accurate Ponder.

I bet Henderson gets a few starts this year. That's a lot said for a 7th rounder.

2nd & 4th for a 1st. That's 2 for 1 however you want to look at it for a guy that you better pray Norv coaches his up big time cause he doesn't look like much more than a slightly more accurate Ponder.

That's a bit of a stretch Christian Ponder statistically was the 48th best QB in college football his senior year. Adam Webber for the Gophers was rated only slightly lower, but actually had a more productive year in terms of yards and TDs (Ponder did play all 12 games). Ponder also went backwards from his junior year to his senior year. Ponder never had a good yards per attempt average even in college.

Bridgewater statistically was the 5th best QB this year by rating, and had one of the highest yards per attempt in the country. He also has shown improvement every season, which means he has bought into learning the game and reading defenses.

Say what you will about Bridgewater not being a stud athlete, but look at the best QB's in the league. Rodgers is the only one remotely athletic. Manning and Brady both win games the same way: they complete passes and allow their receivers YAC. Brees and Rodgers tend to complete longer passes, but they still are typically 15 to 20 yarders. Very rarely are they completing 50+ yards bombs. Bridgewater's athletic ability allows him to play in the NFL as long as he can learn to play up to the speed of the NFL. But he is closer to being mentally ready for the NFL than any other QB in this draft.

"They" say Bridgwater was one of the best QB's against the blitz, He throws some decent long balls if you watch his highlights, not as well as some of the other QB's in the draft though.

Nothing wrong with getting the ball into your best players hands on short passes and let them do the rest. Your not going to win many games by just throwing bombs all day unless you got someone like Moss or Calvin anyway. We don't even have that big tall fast #1 WR that will go up over everyone and get the ball....I wish we did.

We need to utilize Rudolph more he's ranked as one of the best TE's in the game but we barely use him, get our RB's and Patterson on some short passes in space and let them go to work.

Almost all the best QB's in the league were said to be lacking in something, Bree's and Wilson are too short to play, Brady was a late pick look at his scouting report it's pretty funny, 20 some teams passed on Rodgers, ect. Then you have all these QB's that were said to have it all and are can't miss but ended up a bunch of piestains. Only way to find the truth in the NFL is get them on the field and see what they are made of.

I'm not a big fan of the Teddy pick but if he's a gamer his small hands and maybe lacking a bit on the deep ball won't matter in the end. He's still got time to grow he's pretty young yet.

Time will tell we'll have to give him a chance just like we did with Blunder lol.