• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

interference problems?

jt24

Question

Was fishing the other day in my permanant and we had 3 depth finders going. 2 vexs(fl-8) and a older zercom and the two vexs seemed to interfere with one another. Tried pushing the IR quite a few times and helped some what but still wasnt the best at times. The one seemed to be worse than the other. Turned it off and the other was fine. Just a freak thing??

5 answers to this question

No, any unit that runs off the same freqency will interfere. In deeper water, water over 10-15 feet, the signal from the units begin to spread out. They form an irregular shaped cone down the hole. When the cones touch each other, you get the interference. The IR works most of the time. If your in a perm house depending on how many holes you have, try to get the units as far apart as possible.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

It states in the FL-8SLT manual that when useing two SLT's together it is best to turn off the IR completly on one unit, and then adjust the other unit until both units have a satisfactory intference level.

PCG

Yep, PCG, that's as good as it will get, but there still will be some interference. It never cancels out the other unit perfectly. One thing I've noticed as that the lower the gain, the less the interference shows up. That can be a handicap in deep water, where you need the gain turned up a bit to see your lure.

You don't have to be very far apart, however, before the interference problem goes away. Bunch of us were fishing together (three Vexes), and if I was even 30 feet away, I had little or no interference. It's when you're in the same house or that close together outside that things get hinky.