• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Hot spots or Lakemaster?

fishing addict

Question

Has anyone had experience with either one of these GPS mapping products. Which one is better? I just bought a garmin GPS that can download lake data. which one should I consider? thanks.

7 answers to this question

I have the garmin etrex legend and was wondering the same thing, is either one worth the money or is their something better. Does anyone know which ones are compatible w/ the etrex legend thanks.

I use Lakemaster with my Garmin GPS III plus, and it has been flawless on Otter Tail for me.

I can't speak for the Fishing Hotspots, as I have never used it.

Ditto Pwaldow and Gissert.

I too have the Garmin 12 and Lakemaster and couldn't be happier.

TL

Both products are good. However, if you want to get access to the smaller lakes, neither company typically does them.

You may want to try Custom Lake Maps, right here on FM at http://fishingminnesota.com/gps-calibrate-lakemaps.html

This service takes any of the DNR lake maps under 10,000 acres and custom calibrates them. If the map has lots of inaccuracies, they won't even calibrate the map and refund your money. Why pay for 200+ lakes, when you only want a few.