• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big sandy

I might try to hit up BSL again on friday. I'd like to try different areas this time. Seems like I'm always short on time when ice fishing. Then it leads me to my bad habit of going back to my usual spots that

semi-produced. It should be some nice weather too.

This past weekend, I saw what seems to look like some folks that either got to BSL super early, or they slept over in their portables. I've asked this question in the past, but didn't get a direct answer....

Is there such a thing as a night bite on BSL?

That was us.. 2 Pickup trucks along with 2 BLUE clam shelters. smile

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lispeej

• lakeshoremunster

• fisherman-andy

• Big_Sandy_Lake

These warmer days are killing the snow/ice. Anyone been out lately? How is the snow holding up? Once the snow is gone, the ice is gonna be hit hard...

ANyhow, some pictures will be nice, not that i dont believe it. I caught at least one or more crappies every time we hit BSL and we are not even targeting them. I could see good limits if they were our prime targets as the fish are stack when you find a nice school/pod.

Some warm weather in our forecast. I wonder how the ice will be like by Saturday or Sunday as well. All I have is a half ton truck and I don't feel like walking out either and prefer to drive out.

chip.

if i knew that was u guys, i wouldve stopped by to say hi.

how do u guys find time to go fishing overnite with your restaurant being so busy?

We did okay.. decent action, but not like previous times. We went up to Lake Winnibigoshish Saturday and then came back down to Big Sandy that night and slept over on ice.

hmm.. i'm still trying to figure out who you are though! lol

For giggles, I'd like to see some more pictures....besides from the ones we've already seen in this thread.

For Walleyes, I caught a few short this year by the break. Nothing big but mostly 12"-13.5" that were released.

There is no night bite on BSL, other than a few wondering fish, it is very slow in my eperience.

You just need to be in the right spot at the right time. Its either the bless or the curse of "Big Sandy"! 2 guys and 2 kids and we never left this spot. Half a day fishing.

IMGA0007.jpg

Nice Crappies.

It guess this just show how good of a bite it can be on a decent day...

The exact reason not to post good results on this site. First you ask for photos of good results then you get blamed for being a hoarder. Yes we sent some back and just think we lost a few at the hole. I purchased a license to keep a daily limit and will do so when "I" want. I like yourself can not pull results like that every time I go out. Like I stated it was the right time at the right place.

The exact reason not to post good results on this site. First you ask for photos of good results then you get blamed for being a hoarder. Yes we sent some back and just think we lost a few at the hole. I purchased a license to keep a daily limit and will do so when "I" want. I like yourself can not pull results like that every time I go out. Like I stated it was the right time at the right place.

I agree with Sand Burr here. Hence to a reason why you only see me post single limit catches and not group catches for this purpose. Let keep it clean guys.

Looks like you has a great outing Sand Burr. Were these bad boys from the North end or Bill Horn? Have you had any luck with the Gills? They seem as elusive as the Walleyes this year to me...

I agree lispee, for some reason I smell something funny in the air!!! A lot of talk and bragging, but not much walk. On the otherhand, why exploit a lake for no reason, as a matter of fact, why do we even need to name a lake? Is there a real good reason, I agree with helping other people, isn't that a PM for?

This lake has been announced to the world from others for quite a while. I just happened to see the all the bragging and decided to check out the lake. It was our first time on the lake and if we can catch all those fish that I mentioned and others are not, then it just shows people need a different game plan. No need to post pic as proof. There's already enough. Those who know what they're doing are most likely tight lip. Go for the easy fish and leave the hard ones to those who know what they're doing.

The fish are all over the lake. Just do your homework and look at DNR data, maps, and read the contour lines/ structure on any lake and you'll find the fish if they ahppen to be there on that day. It's called "fishing" not "catching" for a reason. No need to give out exact spots to anyone, and if you do, it's not a guarantee the fish will be there. Known by experience. Good Luck.

This lake has been announced to the world from others for quite a while. I just happened to see the all the bragging and decided to check out the lake. It was our first time on the lake and if we can catch all those fish that I mentioned and others are not, then it just shows people need a different game plan. No need to post pic as proof. There's already enough. Those who know what they're doing are most likely tight lip. Go for the easy fish and leave the hard ones to those who know what they're doing.

I dont think anyone was really trying to disprove of your success on BSL that day. People are gonna be skeptical and get itchy when someone speaks of thanking the exploitation of the internet & this thread, catching fish by the boat loads, and then telling others its not gonna last. eekcool

People, especially locals are gonna be protective of their resources and that's expected. I've more then caught my share of fish from BSL but I have been conservative too keeping only what I can eat and releasing alot of fish.

The thread is here just not for sharing reports, but some bragging rights too. But it may just be a good idea and refrain from giving too much details for the sake of others. Be it still takes some work to actually find and catch fish. So not everyone is gonna have the exact same outcome on their outings or be as successful. There's plenty of fish to be caught on BSL. 2c

This weekend is gonna be nice on the ice, see everyone out on the lake. If you see a group of guys icing Crappies its likely us. Stop by and say hi if you want some pointers. Im getting that alot now LOL. smile

IDK what is the big hype about sharing info if a lake is hot or not... If you check most of the forums, there fish biting on almost every lake (Mille Lacs, Winnie, Leech, Green,....)

IDK why helping other catch fish is such a bad thing... Also, I seen so many people get skunk out there that it not even funny (I dont think they come back to report it as this posting will be more like 30+ pages). They hole hop all day just to manage a few keepers while other sit on one spot and catch boat load (yes, when you are spot on the spot, it is constant action all day).

I received a call from a friend who is on the lake this morning that the ice is still 24"-26" thick. There is still about 4" of snow on top of that too.

I started out just North of Hillcrest and caught a few until they opened and decided to get a cup of joe and some eggs. I then ventured over to just outside the weedline in front of Eagle Point and caught a few until they opened for lunch. Great mushroom burger! After lunch I went back out to the 25 foot hole in front of Big Sandy Lodge and caught a few. You guessed it supper time! I went in and enjoyed a great steak dinner. I ventured out and filled up with gas at Sathers and headed home!

I bet if everyones story started or ended with someone doing just half of the above more people would relax!

I received a call from a friend who is on the lake this morning that the ice is still 24"-26" thick. There is still about 4" of snow on top of that too.

Thanks for the ice report. Ice is still good for trucks.

No problem. I'm just doing my good deed for the day. Any more....it's gonna cost ya.

See, that's why we have forums like these for....lol.

Look for all the drunk people on wheelers and sleds tomorrow morning during the annual Bar crawl. smile

coming up from the cities and we want to keep as many fish as possible... any hot spots for me? wink

yea, just find the biggest group of people fishing and slowly work your way into the center of them.

Myself & feathersrainin went out again today for some more tullie action. I was only able to be out til 12:00 so most of these fish were caught from 7:00-11:00. I love these things!!

1331417758.jpg

This guy also crashed the party today. Got him and another little pike on my tiny hair jig & 3lb line. The rod's 26", so I figure around 30" or so. Lucky for him season's closed!!

1331417742.jpg

Myself & feathersrainin went out again today for some more tullie action. I was only able to be out til 12:00 so most of these fish were caught from 7:00-11:00. I love these things!!

1331417758.jpg

This guy also crashed the party today. Got him and another little pike on my tiny hair jig & 3lb line. The rod's 26", so I figure around 30" or so. Lucky for him season's closed!!

1331417742.jpg

Sweet day you had...nice report.