• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What have you been tying lately?

ted4887

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ted4887

• itchmesir

• Slabasaurus

• OnAFly

Wow, you moved up to tubes huh? That's pretty cool man. I'm not brave enough, nor do I have enough extra wonga lying around to justify it. Cripes, i dropped close to $200 at The Fly Angler on Friday. And that's with the Great Waters Expo coming up.

Thanks guys smile

I am going to try to find where go go dancers buy their plumage. Otherwise... this is going to get real spendy.

Now... which one of y'all cleaned out the fly angler of all their articulated shanks? That's actually what I went into the shop for saturday.

Thanks guys smile

I am going to try to find where go go dancers buy their plumage. Otherwise... this is going to get real spendy.

Now... which one of y'all cleaned out the fly angler of all their articulated shanks? That's actually what I went into the shop for saturday.

i've picked up ostrich plumes from hobby lobby for $1/ea

@Ted... That'll definitely catch a pike or two

P2080379_zps69673d1d.jpg

Stealin' Ic3winds flies. It is just too fishy looking of a fly not to.

I anticipate having a bunch of these in the box by this spring.

That Ic3wind 'articulated tequeely' is friggin awesome. I'll be adding a few of those to the meat pail here before musky time. Nice work guys.

I had to edit this photo to remove the cool props that go against forum policy, hence the odd size. More tube stuff though. These are for early season pike up at the cabin... bass too will go for these ones. Well... maybe not the artsy steel fly in the corner... anyway.

3e221fe8-0519-41e4-98e0-0e9d0f6b6bfb.jpg

Simi Seal Leech... In a handful of colors...

P1070002_zps36b81298.jpg

P1070001_zpsdc213d98.jpg

P1060996_zps68653a87.jpg

P1060995_zpsd87fb2da.jpg

Went out and tested them today... I think they passed...

P1070012_zps0506bece.jpg

P1070011_zpsd7065c00.jpg

(couldn't find my tape at the time >.<)

P1070015_zps2fa88986.jpg

P1070018_zps8e386e32.jpg

Nice start on the articulated stuff. It'll definitely fool some fish. Maybe pop an early season pike on that bad boy if you're lucky.

On my diver, it is a two clumps of marabou, baitfish emulator, and some Krystal flash.

Took a shot at that zook/pole dancer thats in teh video above and started painting poppers. Its been alot of fun so far

ZihjSxZ.jpg

VR2jyMx.jpg

Where did you pick yours up at? That looks a heckuva lot easier than painting poppers with a stupid paint brush.

ya its pretty dang sweet. Im pretty impressed so far

I'm pretty impressed too... nice lookin ties there.

I definitely was thinking about grabbin an airbrush before I start to get into the popper thing... those copic brushes look pretty slick actually.

I like the old school look that hand painted poppers have... Those copics are nice though... I may purchase them sometime down the line...

If your intrested in getting one here is the cheapest way to do it. I learned really fast that the canned air is just a plain waste of money they get spent way to fast. a compressor is the way to go. The Markers are available at most of the craft chain stores. If you got any questions on how to get the stuff let me know.

get the ABS3 set from Amazon (link below is clickable)

ABS3

Buy an air compressor for it from Harbor freight (Link below is also clickable)

Compressor

Thanks dude.

One question though. Did you need to buy the 1/4" to 1/4" connection referenced at copics website to connect the compressor to the air can, or did the hose with your compressor work for that?