• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Kandiyohi Ice

We came out around noon today. Drilled a hole and had water gushing up the hole. Ice is 2 different colors. So be aware of the darker ice. We moved our house onto a spot with the whiter ice. And no problems. Still ten inches. But fisher beware. Drill a hole twenty feet from your house first before opening holes under your house. We thought the flowing water was only temporary but it just kept coming. Won't be out.much this week due to work. But Jake or I will.post as soon as we know. And fyi lake Lillian is over half open water

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tonykummrow

• bowfisher

• bigbad401

• JacobKumper

It did. Just be careful. It should be good by tommorow afternoon but then the warm sets in again. But below freezing every night. Use your own judgement. Caught a few she's around 5:30-6:30 tonight in ten FOW. good luck fishing boys

Heard some guys caught 7 Walleyes 12 to 14" on Saturday night.

They wanted to fish later but the wind was crazy.

Heard some guys caught 7 Walleyes 12 to 14" on Saturday night.

They wanted to fish later but the wind was crazy.

I heard the same thing --- oh wait that was me and the brother-in-law catching the fish and leaving because the wind was too crazy!!! Yep, 7 nice eaters and a couple missed fish.

Ice is very white in color. we pulled our house off tonight. not risking anything with this ridiculous January thaw. Lake lillian is open and i head waganda is too. be carefull out there guys. will post when i have more info

My son and i spent the night on kandi last week ,we watched some fishermen spend the whole day getting a large house out of the lake !!!! It looked like alot of work.

I heard the same thing --- oh wait that was me and the brother-in-law catching the fish and leaving because the wind was too crazy!!! Yep, 7 nice eaters and a couple missed fish.

Your Ice House must be bugged. wink

Are the Walleyes coming back?

How was fishing this summer?

any word on the ice today? would like to go out tomorrow night, but dont want to have to worry about the ice.

Tony, Where have you been fishing out there? I have taken the portable a couple times now and haven't gotten to go where I want becuse I'm scared to drive the 4-wheeler across the lake without seeing someone else do it first. What is the closest access to the island?

Thanks, Parker

the park 1 and park 2 accesses are about equal distance from the island. but northern lights beach usually has a winter access and that would probably be the closest. we have fished off the park 2 side this year only so far. and have covered a bit of area

heard this morning that the south side is open, gonna go check it this afternoon and will report back.

The whole southeast side of big kandi is wide open!!! It had white caps on it the other day in the wind. Lake Lilian is open on the south end also, as is waganga from what i hear.

The whole southeast side of big Kandi is wide open!!! It had white caps on it the other day in the wind. Lake Lilian is open on the south end also, as is Waganga from what i hear.

absolutely correct. all the way to the island. checked out lakes in the area today and nothing looked decent. Elizabeth is not accessible via the access and looked like Ella was open in the middle a little bit and the inlet between the two was flowing. Carrie, had a truck parked on the ice with a few others on the access and some big wheel houses out there, but from the looks of the ice they will be pulling out soon.

I have been fishing the west side of green. Im walking but there was a full size truck out this am. Last weekend had 10 inches and today was the same. May seem strange but I think green has the best ice conditions.

how is the south side? anyone been out there? our house is crying to be back on the ice. I heard that the north is pretty good, but wont be able to check it out for a few days as i have a pretty busy weekend? let me know- Thanks

Tony we were on the North side tonight and the ice was better than I thought. We were sittin on about 11-12 inches of ice. However the bite isn't like it was for us a few weeks ago. Looks like we will be getting the permanent out this coming weekend. Maybe see ya out there.

This weekend is looking pretty busy for me this weekend, but do plan on getting the permy back out there as soon as we get a chance, thanks for the update, and yes hope to see ya out there

Anyone one been out on the ice out there lately? Last weekend looked good. Was wondering if anyone has been driving out at all. Plan on coming up there this weekend.

17 inches tonight when we pulled our house back out. only checked in one spot but trucks are all over the lake, even looked like some straight east of the island close to where there was open water just a week and a half ago

Ya has anyone been hittin the perch. Don't need to know how many you are getting. I got a few early ice out there but haven't got any since. Don't know if they moved out of my spot or whats going on.

Anyone out this weekend. Wondering how its going. Out here right now and a few small eyes but nothing all day. Will be out here till.sun morning. Sitting on 16" above 14 FOW

Ya I was out there to this weekend. Took the house off now. It was pretty slow for us but a friend of mine had some luck. I guess you have to be in the right spot. Hopefully can get back out this coming weekend.

I was out on Saturday. A lot of people were driving out. Few wheelers. Ice still looked good. We were sitting on around 17 inches of ice.