• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MapSend Topo software

Question

If anyone has the Magellan MapSend topo CD for Magellan GPS's, I understand through reading descriptions of the product that it has topo of all land features, but does it also have topo for lakes?(ie. humps on the lake floor, or sudden drop offs) I want to buy the product but only if it shows features under the surface of the water.
Thanks
Kurt
[email protected]

2 answers to this question

I just purchased the 32MB chip yesterday to down load some of the Topo info. I will probably play around with it tomorrow and see how it works.

Well I messed with this thing for several hours over the past two days.
I have a Magellan Meridian Platinum. I tried the "Mapsend Topo Program" $99.00, The "32MB SD Memory Ship" $84.00 and hours of time.
I am no better off today then I was befoer I installed it. I was told it had all the info that a Gazetteer Atlas in and much more. I could careless about any city maps and major highways. I have regular maps for that. It does not show boat landings,(gazetteer does)
It does not show any Topo info for any lakes at all. In Southwest Minnesota there is not enough elevation change that makes any difference. Maybe I am just an idiot when it comes to running this program, but I am disappointed so far. $180 down the drain!!!!!
If anyone has any advice I'd be happy to listen.

S.D.