• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Paul Waldowski

Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Ice and Road conditions

pushbutton

When you fish a setline, do you drop the bait so it sits at the bottom or let it hang a few feet off the bottom.

Yes smile usually anywhere from six inches to a few ft. Kind of depends on water clarity, how big the bait is, what type of bait, where the strikes were coming from earlier. Ultimately try different depths and let the fish tell you what they prefer at that given time, but like Broman said, usually around that 1 ft mark.

gogophers

I'm usually 18-24" up when fishing Mille Lacs. I've always heard fish look up better than they look down.

Fishman11

Thanks for the tip guys!

Oh, Paul we'll be up there this friday. How are ice conditions? Will it hold a crew cab tundra with 6 guys inside? Thanks.

fishergurl

Hey Paul,

Coming back up Friday. How have your roads been, and how far out can we go with a wheel house?

Paul Waldowski

Currently all of our roads are in good shape. You can take your wheelhouse out to mud but we ask that you do not leave it out there overnight unattended.

picksbigwagon

Paul, my son and I were wondering if anyone delivers pizza out to the houses? If not where would be the closest hedgies pizza for saturday noght dinner.... He can hardly wait until Friday after school, see you friday night

DTro

I remember seeing a Pizza oven in Paul's office. wink

pushbutton

If you just drive due south for a couple miles, you can use my oven. Have fun Picks!

MidCoast

I am coming up to fish Friday and Saturday, and with this warm weather we have been having, can we safely drive out of Appledoorn on Friday and Saturday with half ton truck to the mud flats?

Paul Waldowski

Currently yes you can.

lispeej

Hey paul.

How do we get a road pass if we come early in the morn and you're not open yet?

aanderud

Pretty standard practice to just pay when you get off the lake. Not worth driving back in and paying mid-day, as it can be an hour each way if you're way out in the mud.

DTro

I was out on Seven Mile today via Paul's road. It's in good shape and I had about 22" of ice out on the flat.

I caught a nice mixed bag of Perch, Tullibees, and Walleye. The Perch were very nice size.

All my fish came in about 35FOW about 50 yards off the edge of the flat on the deep side. The Perch were in pairs nearly every time I marked them. I didn't find as many Tullies as I would have liked, but the ones that came through were super aggressive.

Both times I've been out there now in the past couple of weeks, the bite has been better earlier in the day.

full-105-17724-007.jpg

fishin4fun85

anyone with a recent update out of Appledorn's? Looking to go up tomorrow morning with my brother for a day trip we had pretty good success last time we were up so I'm just hoping to hear some good news from anyone that's been out lately

griff321

I went out on Wednesday all day and had a blast. The snow was drifting pretty bad from tuesday night, and I only have a car, so I ended up just going as far as highway bar. The Tullies were on fire. As soon as I got there the first hole I drilled had a Christmas tree. It was pretty much lights out action all day. I was able to manage a few jumbos, but not a single eye. One thing I noticed is that the regular colored larva work much better than the red. Plus they had a nice supply cheaper than most there for sale.

Thanks again to the great folks over at Appeldoorn's!

Star_of_the_Nort

How deep were you Griff?

herefish101

I took the road out to seven mile around threeo clock and got a couple eyes, one too big and one too small, but then as darkness started to set in the tulies lit up the flasher, man I love catching tulies, them poor fish fight like a ton of bricks, then have a grand maul seizure when you pull them out of the water, so much fun, I can't wait to hit the tulies again.

MinnetonkaMan

Weekend report out on 7 mile . Four eyes for the bucket from 14 to 18 inches and two jumbos at 11 inches . Also the tulies were on fire brought ten home for the meat market to smoke up. They were hammering jigging spoons with larva or fatheads on the depp break lines on many flats on the central to west side of lake. Perch were not schooled up. Winner at the PE was 1.4 lbs I believe !!!

Nordern

From the looks of it the bite has went shallow in the last 24 hours:

full-678-18077-shallowbite.jpg

broman

From the looks of it the bite has went shallow in the last 24 hours:

full-678-18077-shallowbite.jpg

Nordern, is of course joking. Those houses are staged and ready to come off the lake. I can see mine on the pic above, just where I left it.

Nordern

Yep, mine is sitting there too!. I hope I can pull it out for at least 2 more weekends. The walleye bite has best the best in years for me and I want at least 1 more weekend.

broman

Yep, mine is sitting there too!. I hope I can pull it out for at least 2 more weekends. The walleye bite has best the best in years for me and I want at least 1 more weekend.

Agreed, definitely my best year as well. Didn't break my PB. But I caught way more walleyes and perch this year that past years.

Ryan_V

I'm sure you realize this, but walleye season is over! You can't fish for them any more this season! smile

gopher_nation

You can if you are "Perch Fishing"

KG243

Paul,

How are travel conditions for full size trucks after this snow? I was thinking of coming up on Saturday to hit some perch. How has the perch bite been?

hardwaterguy08

I was wondering the same thing i'm wanting to take my grandaughter fishing i have a wheel house and no wheeler just my f-150

JIMBO55428

Paul I see on your web cam that there is some large equipment out on the ice, look to be installing lage poles, is this for a dock or fishing platform?

broman

Paul I see on your web cam that there is some large equipment out on the ice, look to be installing lage poles, is this for a dock or fishing platform?

Looks like I'm not the only one wondering.

Paul Waldowski

Putting in a couple of new docks. They will be permanent pier type giving us more dock space and a place to tie up are launch and just maybe something else coming down the pipeline if I can get the details hammered out.

JIMBO55428

Kinda fun watching the progress on your web cam, seen the orange truck that is drilling the holes broke thru a few times today. looks like this will be a nice and heavy duty dock system that will last for years.