• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Paul Waldowski

Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Ice and Road conditions

Huge51

Paul,

I will be up early Friday morning and I have choosen to go out of Appledoorn's as this will be my first time out of there. I am planning on heading out to three mile, to start the day off and am planning on moving around until I find the fish so I will be using a four wheeler and was wondering if there is a box to pay at ealry in the morning or if there will be someone there to collect my money at 5:30 am and is there a spot to park by suburban and trailer down on the ice as I do not feel comfertable tooling all over the lake with the suburban with the way the weather has been.

lispeej

We found 18+ inches of good ice today

Sounds good Paul. Thank you.

no bait nate

Paul, I'm looking to book a trip up there for my girlfriend and I to fish for a few days and hopefully stay in a shack. Thinking it would be a good Valentines Day present for her that would benefit me also. Would like to talk about what packages you have available or what may be the best fit for us. Is there a number I can contact you at as I've heard from a good friend that you will set me up great, thanks.

RiverChuckNorris

NBN, try 320-676-8834

CHEX1982

Paul, sent an email through Appledoorn's website. Hope to hear from you soon.

Paul Waldowski

Chex,

Nothing there, try [email protected]

Huge51

Still plan on comming up in the morning Paul was wondering if that is still ok to use your access to the lake and park on the lake and was wondering what the fee is I am still planning on being there at about 5:30

Paul Waldowski

Huge51,

Not a problem. Parking and taking a wheeler or sled is $5 a day.

Huge51

Hey Paul there was no one around I was hoping to get some shinners from you I have the white suburban I will pay when I come off I am out on a wheeler so my truck is parked on the ice

fishergurl

Hey Paul,

Do you have an updated map of your roads?

We are coming up today, and plan to go out of your resort.

Paul Waldowski

CHEX1982

Chex,

Nothing there, try [email protected]

Still haven't heard back from you yet. I've tried every route to contact you frown. If you cannot provide lodging for us please let me know so I can look elsewhere this weekend while there is still some time left.

Paul Waldowski

Cell phone is 320-291-2570

CHEX1982

Thanks for the help and reply, Paul, but I called the office and was told that there was nothing for my group for the weekend of 18th-19th because every house is booked for Sunday afternoon check-in. Kind of strange because the online availability shows multiple 8hole deluxe still available. Hopefully maybe next year.

Paul Waldowski

Sorry bout that. When I talked with you early this afternoon I was way out on the lake and totally unaware that a gentlemen had booked the last three eight hole deluxe's early this a.m. Our website updates once each morning which is why there were still showing as open.

aanderud

Just a shout-out to Paul. He hooked us up with a very nice road out to the mud, good fresh bait, and a rental flasher (I forgot mine at home). He even patched up the road with a bridge while we were out there!

Thanks Paul, without service like yours, today could have been a very bad day of fishing.

Badger_55

Thinking about out a day trip tomorrow through you. Just wondering how safe it would be for a 3/4 ton diesel to head out through your access? Anyone know how early a bait store is open out there? This would be my first on this lake... Thanks for the help.

griff321

I'm thinking about heading up either Tuesday or Wednesday for a few days for a little birthday present. Do you guys do any last minute mid-week specials? How are the ice roads?

BryeGuy

How are people liking the premiere houses?? 4 of us will be up there the 24th-26th. Im hoping I dont need to pack my life jacket.

-Any tips on lures/hook colors and what not to forget for the weekend stay???

BartmanMN

How are people liking the premiere houses?? 4 of us will be up there the 24th-26th. Im hoping I dont need to pack my life jacket.

-Any tips on lures/hook colors and what not to forget for the weekend stay???

You'll be up during the Perch Extravaganza. Purchase a button to get in on the action.

BryeGuy

I thought about that. I have buddies that go out of Hunters. I might visit and grab a button. It all depends on how much fun we have Friday night.

troutkingmaster

Quote:
How are people liking the premiere houses??

The premier houses are top notch, we stayed in the 8 holer on pull off weekend last year and it waas fantastic for 4 guys. I waited too long to book this year for Feb. 24-26 so we will be splitting in to 2 smaller housese this year, a 6 hole and a 4 hole. Anyone else going to be up there that weekend? We will be running and gunning in portys for perch on all 3 days, hope we can find them! We normally have our best luck with small spoons and red spikes, bring a bunch as they can go quick!

dustybaker

Ill be up that weekend, some buddies and i have 3 of the 8 hole deluxes rented. We'll have porties and probably do some bouncing around during the day. Headed up early Friday and leaving sunday afternoon.

vman59

got on the lake as soon as Paul opened up. This was our 3rd trip and like the others a bust. Fished until 1:30 as my son had to be home for work. Between the 4 of us we managed 2 eyes and 7 perch thats it. Fished around the highway bar mostly. If I were to come up after work on Saturday and get there around 7 where would one suggest we set up? On top of the Highway bar somewhere else. Just looking for suggestions.

Buck_Hunter04

I've always felt July Bar is a night time bite place. But thats my 2 cents. I like to fish just to the south of there on or near the gravel bar. but like most places u have to keep looking until u find them.

vman59

thanks any suggestions are appreciated.

kweiland

I am going on my first overnight trip in an ice house at Appeldoorns. Any suggestions for the rattle reels, lures and bait for walleye fishing?

Nordern

I have been out on Shaw's Reef the last 2 wwekends and had plenty of walleye action. It has been mainly an evening bite for me. I have been in about 32' of water and my rattle reel has had very good success with a plain red hook and a large fathead. Just this last weekend I landed a 20" and a 21" on small suckeres and a plain hook. I have been relocating to about 27' (rocks) during the day so I get a little perch action but nothing to brag about. Here is a nice male 18" slot:

full-678-17559-img_20120203_00302.jpg

Fishman11

Hey guys help me out. When you fish a setline, do you drop the bait so it sits at the bottom or let it hang a few feet off the bottom. Never fish a set line before. Any tips would help. Thanks.

broman

Hey guys help me out. When you fish a setline, do you drop the bait so it sits at the bottom or let it hang a few feet off the bottom. Never fish a set line before. Any tips would help. Thanks.

I fish mine about a foot or less from the bottom.