• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Ice and Road conditions

Paul Waldowski

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Waldowski

• leech~~

• broman

• TruthWalleyes

Going to be the wife,daughter,dog and myself up there in the wheelhouse Friday till saturday night and I am ready to go. Daughter and I did very well last weekend and Pauls roads are easy to see. Good luck you guys and if you happen to see a green S-10 Blazer pulling a black 12' with a V wheelhouse stop on by and say hello.

MrSchrute, I will be stopping in to all the houses tomorrow and will update you, Good luck, see you tomorrow.

We will be pulling onto the lake tomorrow am as well. Last weekend we were on top of henn island reef in 20'. It was a bit sow, but still managed some nice perch and a few eyes. Is there a depth that seems to be good right now? I thought about dropping a bit deeper, but was not sure if that would be any better. It was tough to tell if the bite was generally slow last weekend or if we dropped on the wrong depth.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

What's the forecast up there tomorrow? I'm going to be using a sled and porty and don't mind the snow or cold just hate the wind! frown

Paul, I'll be stopping by in the morning to take care of my reservation for the weekend of the 24th, and hopefully catch some fish!

full-24669-16913-cropped.jpg

Great day at Mille Lacs with my brother...his first trip to Mille Lacs and I think he'll be back....we lost about 8 fish all day....one was a nice eye....u always hate seeing them swim back down when you get them up to the hole....definately paid to stay all day through sunset as half these fish were caught in the last hour....thanks to Appledoorn's for providing a safe road out!!

Watch for an orange Ford Escape towing a big yellow banana tomorrow morning

laugh

Found ya! It was nice to finally meet the Lamb Jam! grin Sorry had to do it! The banana house was easy to spot and your work on the inside really looks nice. I am envious! smile I hope you gal's had better luck then I did. I tried 5 spots on top of humps and out deep and only ended up with one Perch and one small eye. I had a lot of big red band lookers on the Vex but they just wouldn't take it. Threw everything in the tackle box at them! May have been my worst day ever on the pond? frown It was nice to meet you! smile

ya leech next time you better have me go with you

I'll put you on some fish over there!! crazylaughgrin..........lol

Thanks for the offer gregg. I usually never have much problem pulling up some fish up there? shocked But, if I get up to the Lakes area I maybe give you a shout-out for some help! wink

We now have a road plowed out to 7 Mile with access to 9 mile as well as the Midget.

Great news Paul! I will be staying in your 4 man sleeper with my dad on Wednesday and Thursday night. Hopefully with the somewhat steady weather coming up the fishing should be decent. See you Wednesday!

It was certainly a nice surprise to meet you also, we had the same experience with the lookers. I did get 3 on the rattle wheels last night, a 14", a 21" and a 24". Then nothing after 1 a.m.

May have to make another trip to Upper Red with the hubby in a couple of days smile

How much snow is out on the lake? Can a guy be able to get off the roads with a wheel house easy enough? Was thinking about going out with the atv with chains front and rear. Otherwise it would be a 1/2ton and a smaller wheel house wanting to go to 9 mile

Off road travel is currently not a problem snow wise. You will have to watch for cracks and other obstacles. Liberty Beach and Hunter's Point currently have roads to 9 mile open to vehicle traffic.

I just reserved my first sleeper with paul and the guys. Man I am pumped to finally try them out after hearing all the great things people have said about them...hurry up Thursday.

Paul-We will be in house 6, can you give me a little info on where/what it is located on/by??

Thanks and see you soon.

Quote:
Paul-We will be in house 6, can you give me a little info on where/what it is located on/by??

It is currently sitting on the top of Highway Bar.

Paul,

We'll be up at the pond in a couple weeks, but out of another resort, due to the renovation of one of you guest homes. We will be launching out from Appeldorn's though. We have a mid size suv and toyota tundra full with some guys looking for fish! Will we have any problems driving out on the lake? With warmer temps. again this week I feel skiddish with a vehicle on the ice and we don't have atv/snowmobiles to get around to spots. Thanks.

Quote:
We'll be up at the pond in a couple weeks, but out of another resort, due to the renovation of one of you guest homes. We will be launching out from Appeldorn's though. We have a mid size suv and toyota tundra full with some guys looking for fish! Will we have any problems driving out on the lake? With warmer temps. again this week I feel skiddish with a vehicle on the ice and we don't have atv/snowmobiles to get around to spots. Thanks.

Fishman,

Don't stray to far off of the plowed and marked roads and you will be just fine with those two rigs.

We were out of Appeldoorn's last weekend and had a great time. We ended up with 15 walleyes out of the house and just short of 40 perch, most of which while hole hopping in 30-32' of water during the afternoon. We ended up using fatheads and a plain hook to catch most of the perch as jigging seemed to scare them off. The fatheads kept the small perch off the lines and ended up with mostly 10-12" perch with one 13.25" that we did catch out of the house. The eye's were mostly caught between 10:45 and 11:15 AM and again were on rattle reels on a plain hook. We used about everything and the plain hook sitting still did the best with a fathead. I did have a shiner in the house and that seemed to be a decoy for the eyes and they would quickly turn and hit one of the fatheads just sitting there.

By the way thanks for pulling my buddies truck off of the rocks in front of the main office. Talk about a great start to a fishing trip. crazy

I just reserved my first sleeper with paul and the guys. Man I am pumped to finally try them out after hearing all the great things people have said about them...hurry up Thursday

+1. We will be in #7 Friday night and running around in the porty on Saturday. Looks like another beautiful weekend!

We currently have roads plowed and staked to Doe Island Reef, 2 Mile, Granny, Highway Bar, 3 Mile, The Midget and to 7 Mile and the mud flats.