• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Paul Waldowski

Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Ice and Road conditions

"Just Add Ice"

I'm staying away from these groups!!! HAHAHA sounds like a hell of a time and a whole lot of shenanigans on 2mile!!!

Holy cow there is almost going to be a FM get together this weekend on Mille Lacs. Great people, good drinks, good conversation, good fishing and all at the great resort of Appeldoorns.

TruthWalleyes in houses 19 & 4

Bassfsh24 in house 13

NAGORSKI in house 12

Rippinlip in house 11

and of course the lambjm with the Yellow Banana (Yetti) out there on the fish.

Anyone else to add?

We will have the Red Ford with the 2 wheelers in tow.

tgruenke

I'll be missing the party. Me and some friends will be there next Sunday through Tuesday. It's our first trip for ice fishing. We are really looking forward to it.Hope the fishing is good and would love a report.

TruthWalleyes

Yikes....All these FM'ers.....I'm outa here smile

At least we will have a lot of fun.

I didn't plan our trip, and it was origionally planned to be out of the wharf. I changed the planners mind solely because of this thread, and because of others confidence in you paul. Your doing a lot of networking here without even knowing it (or maybe you do wink ) I'll be calling tonight to discuss ice conditions, parking, etc.

tgruenke

Paul,

With the cold weather expected do you see any problem with driving out in van by the 22nd?

NAGORSKI

Rippinlip

Tick, tick, tick......

Getting very anxious to leave, but 1 more night of work and then woohooo on our way up north!

Iambjm

Paul should have a quiet weekend, Jim and I decided to skip it this weekend. He's not feeling too well today.

bassfshin24

A group of 6 of us stayed in one of Appledorns sleepers. Had a great time and caught some nice fish. For the weekend ended up with 6 keeper eyes, had 5 eyes over 20" with the biggest being 25". Caught a couple keeper perch as well. Paul u run a great operation. Will definitey be back next year.

Rippinlip

Another Kudos to Paul and the gang for a great weekend.

The 3 of us that stayed in FH11 had a great time.

We brought home 4 Walleyes in the slot, had to release many more and like bassfishng said, we also had the largest around 27", also was able to connect with a few Perch.

Thanks BF24 for the spot out near the flat. Very nice to meet you and your group.

bassfshin24

Very nice to meet you too Rippinlip. Was hoping those perch would have bit a little better. Was marking them all over but wouldn't bite. Oh well...still a great time.

TruthWalleyes

Well our group partied way too hard...so while they were sleeping i pulled in 90% of the fish our house caught. Had to wake the group up for this pig though.

Fun trip. Thanks Appledorns!

full-26433-16327-img_3999.jpg

CPR

FLAG!!

Paul- hoping to head up Friday if I can figure out how to get the day off. What time are you open and available in the am to fill us in on ice conditions?

A couple weeks ago we were going to walk out from Hunter Winfields but were met with a post it note on the door saying "don't knock or ring the doorbell until 8am".. not the greatest thing to see at 645/7am when you're hoping to fish the sunrise.

Paul Waldowski

Flag,

We open @ 7 am during the week, 6:30 on weekends. During the week I'm usually around about 6:45.

mak2525

Hey Paul what are the ice conditions there??? Could I drive a 3/4 ton pickup out in the next weekor so?

Paul Waldowski

In a week or so I don't think that would be a problem.

river rat316

Paul, go back to bed, 3:09 am, that is dedication

ALL_IN

How much ice do you got up there? This cold snap should help all the resorts up on Mille Lacs!

Thanks for the info

ALL IN

TRZ II

I fished all day sat. I started at Appledorns about 8 and eventually drove all the way to Isle bay. Never found less than 16in. of ice and I drilled in about 20 different places. Marked ALOT of fish and caught a few. had a few spots just stacked with fish and could only coax a few to bite. Went home with 1 slot eye (caught 6) and 10 jumbos, but for all the fish I marked it was a rough day. Driled close to 100 holes from 10ft to 34ft.

MidCoast

Paul, can we drive a 1/2 ton to the mudflats in your area yet? If not, how much longer do you think it will be?

Thanks.

Paul Waldowski

Midcoast,

Not even close to travel to the mud from our end of the lake yet. I don't believe that you can currently access any of the flats from any side of the lake yet.

vman59

Paul; This will be my first trip to Mille Lacs, can we access via your resort and get our bait and minnows all right there plus any important info?

Paul Waldowski

You certainly can.

vman59

thanks appreciate it see you bright and early Sunday morning.

leech~~
So you aren't sure if we will be able to drive on yet by this Sat even with this cold snap happening for the next three days? I sure would hate to try and move the GTG we had planed this Sat up there again. frown

TruthWalleyes

Leech, they were allowing 1/2 tons or less last weekend.