• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Share a wee bit and Help, please...

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Paul Waldowski

Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Ice and Road conditions

walleyeking19

Anyone else see that on the map on their website that it still says Karpens Resort? Its been Appledoorns for a long time

broman

Anyone else see that on the map on their website that it still says Karpens Resort? Its been Appledoorns for a long time

That's probably because he uses an older 2007 version of LakeMaster which doesn't have the updated name.

T-water

http://db.tt/XiexipBQ

Don't know if this link will work, just a short video from 3 weeks ago.

Paul Waldowski

Ice and road conditions- 1/010/2012

Looks like we will have a full house of FM'ers

We currently have 14 inches of ice in the bay and out past 2 Mile. We are seeing some cracking and spidering of the ice sheet due to temperature fluctuations and the lack of any snow cover. We are still only allowing 4 wheelers and snowmobiles out but we hope to be open to light vehicle traffic by the weekend. All of our rentals are out and we have started to pull private houses out.

We currently are staked out to Shaw's Reef and also out to 2 Mile. We will complete staking Doe Island Reef tomorrow afternoon.

Ice conditions are changing daily so please check in and get up to date information wherever you are accessing the lake.

Rippinlip

Well Paul, with the last words you posted on here, and it being 50 today.

Looks I will have the Polaris in tow for my trip up on Friday.

Shooting to be there around noon.

See the rest of you FM'ers up there.

Powerstroke

I'm thinking about making a trip for sunday-monday. Maybe with these low temps coming we can get small vehicles out there.

I'll be keeping an eye on the reports!

TruthWalleyes

Forewheeler is hooked up. I'll be there early friday morning.

I'm staying with Jordon R. 8h delux and 4h 4bed. Will you charge me parking friday morning? If so, no problem, whats the earliest i can show up at appledorns to pay for parking, and do you charge parking over the weekend if your staying in a house? I was going to call thursday night and ask these questions, but maybe we can take care of it here. Black Bravada, trailer in tow.

Thanks,

Andy

pushbutton

Truth, Ripp, any HSO er,

Going to be at the catfish get together on Sat. but will be up on Sun. Any of you guys/gals still going to be there? Might mosey on up to the Appledorn hood for a while and see whats shaking.

Iambjm

Paul, do you think I will be able to drive out with the yellow banana Friday?

TruthWalleyes

PB, I'll probably be pushing out of there by 10am sunday... i think that is when we have to leave the house. I'll need a nice nap sunday afternoon i'm sure, but if the bite is hot it might change my mind. I'm going up friday to get some good fishing before the group shows up, since we've got a group of 10 guys going (all younger than 30yrs old grin ) - there will be more beer drinking than fishing goin on i think and it will require some recovery time! sleep

Now if you were coming up friday...

bassfshin24

TW...I have a group of 6 coming up and we are all under 30 as well and all of us love our brew haha. Gonna be a long weekend. If your around house 13 feel free to stop by. I think we might bring some botchee balls up and play some ice botchee. Who know's..gonna be great!

TruthWalleyes

grin There won't be any fish left on that gravel bar from the sounds of it!

Cabin 13, I'll keep that in mind. We'll be in 19 and some others in 4. I think there's 3 more coming up in a custom camper too.

Rippinlip

Probably be heading back home by 10am or before on Sunday.

Think we are in house 11 if I am not mistaken.

It will be a 40 something(me) and my son in law and his friend, both in their 20's.

Actually going to try to fish most of the weekend, there will be a few beers being tipped back I am sure too.

Hopefully Adam and I will be there by noon. His friend will be up later.

Hopefully the house 13 isn't too close to ours... crazy

bassfshin24

O come on rippinlip. We aren't gonna get loud and out of control. Most of us are after the fish rather than the buzz.

Rippinlip

O come on rippinlip. We aren't gonna get loud and out of control. Most of us are after the fish rather than the buzz.

No thats cool, I just want to have fun this weekend, but going to try to fish some too.

I was even thinking off bringing up a golf club or 2 and seeing if I could drive a ball a couple of miles....lol

Maybe a putting tournament on the ice....

Catch a fish, a buzz and have some fun.......sounds like a plan to me.

Don't fret I will have a few very cold Northern Beers somewhere around wink

NAGORSKI

Were in house 12 stop and say hi guys we will be enjoying beverages the whole weekend also!

Paul Waldowski

Quote:
Paul, do you think I will be able to drive out with the yellow banana Friday?

There is know way we are going to let the banana out. With the lack of snow cover that yellow glob will be absolutely blinding. laugh

As things currently stand we should be open to vehicle traffic this weekend.

Rippinlip

Holy cow there is almost going to be a FM get together this weekend on Mille Lacs. Great people, good drinks, good conversation, good fishing and all at the great resort of Appeldoorns.

TruthWalleyes in houses 19 & 4

Bassfsh24 in house 13

NAGORSKI in house 12

Rippinlip in house 11

and of course the lambjm with the Yellow Banana (Yetti) out there on the fish.

Anyone else to add?

We will have the Red Ford with the 2 wheelers in tow.

Iambjm

The Sasquatch isn't completely done, but it really needs to make it's maiden voyage. Will be bringing the hubby and my sweet little Lola (my great dane) this should be an adventure. I wonder which one will annoy me the most. laugh

Umma Gumma

I'll be in the 22h "premiere" house this weekend with nine others. Not planning on catching ANY fish, so anything more than that is a bonus! Under-promise and over-deliver!

Paul Waldowski

Yikes....All these FM'ers.....I'm outa here smile

At least we will have a lot of fun.

broman

Holy cow there is almost going to be a FM get together this weekend on Mille Lacs. Great people, good drinks, good conversation, good fishing and all at the great resort of Appeldoorns.

I'll be there as well. Heading up Saturday and fishing through Sunday.

Hardyboy

Im already at the lake running the wheeler and porty from my cabin. Can i join the fun?

Paul Waldowski

How's that go..."The more the merrier.."

pushbutton

TruthWalleyes in houses 19 & 4

Bassfsh24 in house 13

NAGORSKI in house 12

Rippinlip in house 11

and of course the lambjm with the Yellow Banana (Yetti) out there on the fish.

Anyone else to add?.....and now Broman, Hardboy, and Umma Gumma to boot.

Too bad I cant get there till Sun., but duty and catfish call. Also just dawned on me it is trout opener this weekend. Glad to hear everyone is leaving early to get to church on time....good luck to everyone, especially that rabble rousing house 13 grin