• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Paul Waldowski

Appeldoorn's Sunset Bay Ice and Road conditions

Paul Waldowski

Thanks guys. Looks like Mother Nature picked this year to remind us all who is really in charge.

Hardyboy

Hey leech we may want to push it out a few weeks as i for one will not be bringing my truck out even if light traffic is allowed.

leech~~

Hey leech we may want to push it out a few weeks as i for one will not be bringing my truck out even if light traffic is allowed.
Any ideas of dates that may work well for everyone? The following weekend is Trout opener and I plan on being up in Ely then. I'm pretty open after that date. smile

This could be a very fun GTG if we could pull it all together. The weather is not helping! frown

Paul Waldowski

Ice and road conditions- 1/04/2012

We currently have 12 inches of ice in the bay and out past 2 Mile. We are seeing some cracking and spidering of the ice sheet due to temperature fluctuations and the lack of any snow cover. We are still only allowing 4 wheelers and snowmobiles out but we hope to be open to light vehicle traffic by the weekend. We did manage to pull a significant number of houses out today and plan on pulling the rest of our rentals out tomorrow.

We currently are staked out to Shaw's Reef and also out to 2 Mile. We will complete staking Doe Island Reef tomorrow afternoon.

Ice conditions are changing daily so please check in and get up to date information wherever you are accessing the lake.

1johntimm

Good to here the ice report! How's the fishing been Paul?

rodbuster70

Thanks for the info yesterday about the ice and this morning when I stopped in the office to pay to park. Being it was my first time out, I really appreciated the information about the ice conditions in the area I was headed. Had a great day on the ice, thanks to you. You really run a top notch operation. Perch were really bitin. Had a blast!

keyks42

Paul

I dont have a snowmobile or wheeler how far of a walk is it to Shaws Reef or the otherside of Doe Island.

Thanks

Mark

Paul Waldowski

It would be just under a mile to get out to the area where there has been a good perch bite. A little shorter than that if you are looking to get on some structure for eyes.

bassfshin24

Hey Paul,

A group of us have a house rented next weekend. Are we going to need to bring a wheeler to get out to the house? We can probably round up two of them. Probably should bring them to move around anyway.

outdoorav

I would bring the wheelers, Its easier to move around to find some perch in deeper water druing the day time, lots of deeper sand, gravel spots to try! Good luck!!!

geo17

Paul

we just called and the lady said you aren't allowing vehicle traffic this weekend. i have a 8x16 ice house that i want to bring up. are you able to get us out with a wheeler? also a buddy of mine who is renting from you tomorrow is bringing a kodiak 400, is this big enough to pull my shack out if you are unable to?

thanks

geo

Paul Waldowski

geo,

Whether it can be pulled out with a wheeler or not is dependent on what it has for tongue weight.

geo17

Paul...thanks for the quick response. i would say the tongue weight is 225 to 300 tops.

Paul Waldowski

Then it shouldn't be a problem.

"Just Add Ice"

Geo if you run into any problems just ask- We will have a wheeler up there around noon on Friday that will be able to get you out for sure. Paul just shoot chris a text or me (Justin) an email if you need any help getting this guy out.

Paul Waldowski

Awesome...Thanks guys

geo17

Geo if you run into any problems just ask- We will have a wheeler up there around noon on Friday that will be able to get you out for sure. Paul just shoot chris a text or me (Justin) an email if you need any help getting this guy out.

Justin...that is awesome to hear. i appreciate it and hopefully we won't need to interupt your fishing. if you see a black trophy hunter on the ice come over and enjoy a coctail with us.

Rippinlip

Hoping next weekend the fishing is still going strong.

Coming up to Appeldoorn's for the weekend.

Initially planned for the New Years weekend, but had to delay.

Will not be having my 2 favorite fisher-people with (wife & daughter), too close from daughters recovery from surgery.

Hoping to be able to drive trucks by then, but if not the wheeler is ready.

Save some for me, please.

TruthWalleyes

I'll be staying at Apples this coming weekend as well. Looking forward to it. Where are their houses located at? Shaws, Doe area? I'll be coming up early friday and walking on, but the group will be arriving later in the afternoon. Will parking be available friday morning and someone to collect the fee also?

bassfshin24

Ill be up there Friday morning as well. Really looking forward to this trip. I have 5 friends from back in SD come up so should be a great time.

steamman

I will be up there in last than 20 hours. Can not wait. Been waiting since the last trip in February. Hope the fish are cooperating. Also hope we get to drive out, if not oh well.

bassfshin24

Paul...what depths do you have your houses out at right now?

NAGORSKI

He has a map on his website that shows some houses and roads. We will be up Fri. morn as well. Good luck!

bassfshin24

O perfect. Thanks! Good luck to you too

TruthWalleyes

I was digging through the website this morning and found the map. Very nice!