• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ballard's vs Cyrus

basssmasher*

Just curious as to peoples opinions on both places. Is one better than the other, as I plan on going up mid Feb.. Thanks for the inside info in advance smile

Somewhat similar except Cyrus is a little smaller operation. Don't know who they have working on the ice for winter fishing but a nice place. Ballard's has the nicest cabins on the river and a good staff. Nick works hard putting the houses on fish even if it means going up to Bridges or Garden. Some don't like the ride but if you want to catch fish, that is sometimes what you have to do.

Can only speak for Cyrus- cabins were very nice and the fishing was decent, but it was super bowl weekend, so fairly late in the season when the fishing is a bit tougher. I would go back for sure. Have only heard good things about ballards though too... i dont think u could go wrong with either

Ive been to Ballard's the last 2 years and was not dissappointed at all, but we were 26-miles out on the lake which was over an hr ride in the bomber, not that its a bad thing, but I was told by cyrus, that they have more structure closer so no long trip equals more fishing time smile

Well I pulled the trigger and booked w/ Cyrus for feb 19-23..Now all I need are some fishing suggestions and if anyone will be up that way in the same timeframe, come find me.. I have been known to purchase a beer for fellow fishermen smile I got cabin 8 and it looks like a nice place smile