• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I guess before the warmup, I felt safe driving in areas I had checked a trail at. We found 12-14 inches where I was driving. Now granted that was a small vehicle and we were riding the brake going less than 5mph, but now after this warmup, I don't think it is too smart to be driving anymore. Plus the landings are goin to get bad almost everywhere.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt C

• mikeymike

• simple1

• Eric_Kruger

I think some people are getting a little too worked up about the ice. I went out today and found 10 inches. Im not driving anymore, but I like to walk. Be smart and safe about it and we still have a good month of fishing.

Eric_Kruger

so whats the ice around the area looking like? I drove by alot of empty lakes today, whats everyone seeing and where?

Just be careful, there are going to be more folks going through yet...We are getting warmer after this brief cold snap and the sun is getting higher. We haven't had many overcast days to keep the cold in and the power of the sun out. Looks like it's going to be an early ice out, will be interesting to start up that thread in a few weeks.

Wherever you go, proceed with caution. It's been a long time since we've had such a weird winter and the ice formation has been just as weird.

I agree with jaspernuts ou sunday i found 11 to 12" of ice, 3 vehicles were in mud bay on washington, i wouldn't drive my truck but feel safe driving my 4 wheeler, the open spots haven't gotten any bigger

BehindtheHead

i found a bubbling spring on madison today. if you made a 90 degree angle between plesent point and the boat landing bar. its in 18 feet of water and it about 18" hole. could swallow up a 4 wheeler or at least a tire im sure.

Eric_Kruger

there was some serious shifting and banging on the lake I was on tonight. walked over a small pressure ridge that was about 6 inches wide and about 100 yards long on a south metro lake. Only four foot of water but sketchy non the less.

Also I found anywhere from 6-9 inches

The forecast for Friday and Saturday should hopefully harden up any soft ice and perhaps add some thickness. I'm planning in heading out this weekend. Was thinking Bakers, 2 or 3rd point, or duck. Any suggestions?!?

And people keep driving cars and trucks out there. Then "FemaleDog" when the counties close the access down. Priceless

And people keep driving cars and trucks out there. Then ..... when the counties close the access down. Priceless

Amen.

Was out on Scotch and German. Scotch had 6 inches of ice. German had about 10 inches of really good ice. Great thing about German is the giant ice heave at the landing:) Pretty much had the lake to myself.

morepower02

Fished Gorman this morning had around 9 inches. Fished clear lake-Lexington this after noon 8-9 inches. Gorman had a car and a 1/2 ton pickup drive across it. I was the only one on Lex. Fishing was dead

Eric_Kruger

Hit tetonka this afternoon for a few hours got into them pretty good in 30ft of water for the first fifteen minutes or so, after that the school moved off and I lost them. Stuck with it in the wind for another three hours, decided to go home...

wow Bundt2k you are either up really early or really late. smile

I got home from work at 12:30 am frown .. Had to turn around and be back at 10am this morning too...ugh. I am BEAT.

Tomorrow is a day off and ICE fishing. wink