• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Everybody see the skim ice yesterday? 12 degree F at sunrise. Saw some ice on Sakatah Bay, Sunfish, Pepin (New Prague), all the shallow cattail sloughs...got up to Mille Lacs and saw skim ice where it was protected from wave action in Terry's Harbor and around some of the west side cattail inlet/outlets. Won't be too much longer hopefully.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt C

• mikeymike

• simple1

• Eric_Kruger

I'll be busting ice this weekend for sure. There are two lakes that i haven't fished yet this summer, but plan to ice fish and i need to get out and mark the structure and key ice fishing spots with my side imaging. Maybe catch some dinner in the process.

Albert lea is crusted over. Well over an inch in the channel. And to the two guys who thought it would be smart to try taking their boat up the channel and break up all the good ice we have started. THANKS for messing up our early ice NiceGuys

Sleepy Eye lake had an inch, walked out a little ways, water started coming thorugh the cracks, looks like goose hunting will be good this weekend, about 500 in the middle of the lake.

I walked out on lexington today, just far enought to try. I fould out later that a boat was busting ice all around the like yesterday. I will be taking my dock out of tetonka on turkey day

I walked out on lexington today, just far enought to try. I fould out later that a boat was busting ice all around the like yesterday. I will be taking my dock out of tetonka on turkey day

How thick was it?

Don't look like I will be able to make my Thanksgiving weekend ice fishing trip to the local lakes. Way too much warm weather.

Atleast this year it looks like I will not have to decide to go to the ice fishing show or ice fishing.....

Good looking ten day forecast starting tomorrow...nothing above freezing!

Heck ya!

Kelly Lake is 100% locked up this morning. smile

Remember ice safety fellas, don't want anyone being a statistic. smile

Perfect timeing, the muskie season ended today so it can freeze all it wants. So remember the MUSKIE season is Closed so no keeping them off of French becouse if you do your a poacher!

Has anyone been out around the Mankato area lakes? Washington or Madison? Wondering if try are closed up yet?

if the cold temps stay constant like the weather is calling for i will be drilling holes on AL sunday. Its finally my favorite time of year!

I dont think Id venture out atleast for another week or two.... Better safe then sorry. If you do feel like going out this weekend, do yourself a favor and bring a life jacket.... dead serious! Good Luck!

after the recent snowfall i will be waiting a little longer to venture out on the ice around here. Might take a trip to URL this weekend instead.

Lakes are snow-covered.....blew that dusting around and there are patches of clearing, but, I would give it at LEAST another week. Not to mention the 3 to 5 inches of fresh snow coming in tomorrow night.

That water's a little chilly to be taking a dip!

Wear your life jacket!!!

Lakes are snow-covered.....blew that dusting around and there are patches of clearing, but, I would give it at LEAST another week. Not to mention the 3 to 5 inches of fresh snow coming in tomorrow night.

That water's a little chilly to be taking a dip!

Wear your life jacket!!!

Yes wear a life jacket! Great Advice!

Duck and Ballantyne are capped and Madison is still open. Even one goose hunter out in his boat this morning. Brrr. Lets hope this weekend snow misses us to the south.