• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WILD HOCKEY!

OnAFly

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnAFly

• Bear55

• scsavre

• archerystud

Not that I want to see Zids hurt, or anyone for that matter, but I think this could be a good thing.

Who will they bring up, Bagnall or maybe Cuma?

That was an ugly win, but a win nonetheless. The wild looked like they were asleep at times in the 2nd. Backs was awesome and the game should have been decided by Schultz but he got absolutely robbed by a defensemans stick.

Jones left his feet when he hit Falk. Falk was right to go after the guy. I would have too, but I would have given him a chance in the fight as to not be the only one with a 5min fighting major laugh

What was Johnsons deal? That flying elbow at the end of the game was ridiculous. Is he that kind of player or did he just lose it for a moment? I hope Shanahan gives him a call.

I thought both of those plays should be suspendable offenses according to Shanny. Both targeted the head and neither player was playing the puck. The zebras also missed a couple other tripping calls I thought.

Oh well, its a win. 2nd in the west and 2nd or 3rd best record in NHL. Hope we keep it up.

I grew up in colorado and was strictly just an Avs fan until the Wild came into the league and they quickly became my 2nd favorite team just because of their Jersey!! I haven't call myself an Avs fan now for 3 years and it's because of how DIRTY they have become!! It's sickening I thought last year's Wild - Avs games they were bad, they were just blatanly dirty last night! I think when Joey retired (Sakic) they lost their !@#$ minds!!! GO WILD

That was an ugly win, but a win nonetheless.

Seem we have had a few of these this year. As good as our record is I don't feel that we are playing all that well, kind of squeeking out wins or getting a lucky bounch (last nights goal). Now you might read that two different ways, our big guns might start scoring and the team will improve or our strong start will fade.

I read an interesting article somwhere that both our goalies have unreal stats right now and there is no way they can keep that kind of pace all season long.

Certainly everyone out there has more confidence when your goalies are playing like they are. Although we won, I thought Colorado controlled the play for much of the game. We won't win many games playing like that.

Refs were really inconsistent last night. I had no idea what would be called and what wouldn't. GO WILD!!

seems that our first line has not been all that good of late, yes they did get the goal last night, but that line seems very slugish to me. the wild have been doing good because of our 2-4 lines, they seem to have much more intensity, and lots of speed.

I need more hockey!!! So I can quit argueing with people about football!! Tonight ought to work GO WILD, BEAVERS, and GOPHERS!!!!!

This is the Koivu we all wanted to see. He was a beast on the puck just skating around other players at will. Heatley did not have the best game. I counted at least 5 soft passes that went straight to the other team from him. crazy

Halak came sooooo close to stealing that game. I didn't realize how strong the puck Oshie was. He fought biggers guys off in the corners a few times last night.

Wow, so happy to see them tie it up again at the end last night. I got a little nervous when Harding got toppled by the Blues again, but he was just fine this time.

Scandella coming back soon? I see Lats and Zids are not practicing yet.

That top shelf backhand by Koivou in the shoot out was sick. Goalie didn't stand a chance, and even knew that was coming. Great game last night

What's everyone think about the shootout? On one hand, we seem to be sneaking 2 points out of these games where we tie it up very late in the 3rd. And I like being able to definitively watch the finish of the game. Which can help with all of these west coast games.

On the other hand it's kind of like watching a skills competition at the All Star game. It's not exactly...hockey. It seems like we end too many games this way. And I'm starting to dislike it.

And I'm itching to watch hockey tonight, but will have to wait one more night.

Solbes I agree some, not a big shootout fan whether it helps or hurts us, I would not say we are better than Pittsburgh and others, I am glad we're playing well, fun to watch again, what is surprising me is our defense, I thought that will be our issue all season but so far so good, playing together, with pride, with energy, awesome to see, and Mikko doesn't have to be the man every night, we have true 1st line players now with seto and the heater. Now he can dominate all those intangible areas of hockey and be a pain to go against.

The only thing that I don't like is that some games are worth 3 points. If they want to give out a point just for making it to OT, give 3 out for taking a win in regulation.

I do like watching the shootouts just because it is a skills comp. No it's not hockey, but at least we don't have ties anymore. Plus, watching Koivu score when the goalie knows exactly what he's going to do never gets old wink

The only thing that I don't like is that some games are worth 3 points. If they want to give out a point just for making it to OT, give 3 out for taking a win in regulation.

100% agree, how dumb is it that some games are worth 2 points and some are worth 3. I think the NHL wants to keep it that way so the playoff races are tight at the end of the year but it kind of gets a little old when there are 8 teams fighting for two spots and maybe half of them actually deserve to be there. I have seen a points system when everyone was given 3 points for a win and it totally changed the standings, some teams clearly didn't deserve to be in the hunt and others easily made the playoffs, and that is how it should be because they actually won the games. I will try and dig one up at the end of the year, it's fun to look at the swings that happen when the points handed out actually makes sense.

Bear - I know exaclty what you mean. Every march I start looking at the standings and looking for those OT losses. Some teams have 6 or 7 OT losses. When the race for the 8th spot is separated by only a point or two, that's huge!

That was a stinker last night. Backs' head wasn't in the game to start off. Everything went down hill from there.

What was with our Dmen just falling over? It happened more than once last night. I'm guessing we'll see Lundin in next game, maybe Zannon too.

Lundin is in and doesn't look like he's missed a game. Koivu gets the empty netter to put it away. Good effort tonight from what I saw (2nd and 3rd only).

PMB just schooled one guy then couldn't put it away with about 2 minutes to go.

I like the announcers for VS though I wish they knew a little more about the Wild. At least I don't have to listen to anyone screaming for total homer calls all night.