• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WILD HOCKEY!

OnAFly

I was hoping they could get a goal before heading into OT, but who can be upset with a win. I was dreading that shootout, but it was nice to see Backstrom make 3 saves. Good win.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnAFly

• Bear55

• scsavre

• archerystud

I was nice to see Backs get out and challenge the shooters instead of letting them get a free shot off. I still think it's all in his head.

Healtey should have had 2 goals in that game. I get the feeling if that guy gets on a hot streak, he's going to be unstoppable.

Good to see Backstrom come back tonight and come up big in the shoot-out. They played really well tonight, expecially those last 2 periods. They seemed to be getting the hang of the forecheck and were really creating a lot of turnovers. Although it was against a very young team in the Oilers still a good sign.

If it weren't for Khabibulin that game could have gotten ugly. The Oiler's D is terrible. They turned the puck over constantly. Doesn't look like Cam Barker is playing any better up there.

Doesn't look like Cam Barker is playing any better up there.

Isn't it great?!? It's such a treat watching a team that doesn't have Barker, Mittens, and Sheppard on the ice. It's hard not to get giddy about our future.

If it weren't for Khabibulin that game could have gotten ugly. The Oiler's D is terrible. They turned the puck over constantly. Doesn't look like Cam Barker is playing any better up there.

I was thinking the same thing. I only caught the 3rd but they should have scored 3-4 times if it weren't for Khabibulin they had some very good chances that he somtherd and did not give up alot of rebounds.

I was so excited when we made the Johansson trade, but I didn't think it was Cam Barker in return, I heard falsely it was Troy Brouwer.

Wow, sounds like the Pens will be missing not only Sid, Malkin, Kennedy, Orpik, and Jeffrey, but also Letang. They also will be playing their backup goalie. This game is a must win, just for the morality of the team.

Wow, sounds like the Pens will be missing not only Sid, Malkin, Kennedy, Orpik, and Jeffrey, but also Letang. They also will be playing their backup goalie. This game is a must win, just for the morality of the team.

And we still got our a$$es kicked...

Terrible game.

I was hoping for a better start from the Wild but it's not that much of a surprise, lots of new players that need to build chemistry and a new coach. Just glad we have seto and heater under contract until 2014 so we have some time to build up our team with them.

Hopefully the wild can get it together soon. Digging a hole early seems to bite us every year.

Surely they need to wrk on the pp. We hd the puck where it needed to be in the o zone, we just don't have a plan on how to score. They will turn it around.

That was ugly. We played half of that game. How can you get a PP and play like your shorthanded?

Mikko doesn't seem to be as dynamic as he was 3 years ago. He constantly impressed me back then. I haven't been impressed with his play last year and this year like I was before. Maybe it's the law of diminishing returns I don't know, maybe it's the C.

All I know is Yeo has work to do.

Where is Jacques Lemairre lol on the sp. Wild seem a bit of a mess, I was sure glad Seto and the Heater are here but I'm not real clear about our defense and their toughness,skill, or whatever. Not many of our defenders would start for most teams or would they ? I wonder how many times Yeo has yelled his own name Yeo........what happened out there.

LTDs goal was what they should have been doing out there. If they part a guy on that weak side of the net all night, they have 3 more goals at least. I don't know how many pucks ended up dribbling out that way only to get picked up by the Pens and moved up ice.

LTD looked like a fire got lit under his a$$ after his goal. That's the Gui that we knew from 2 years ago.

Is it just me or does kiouvu look out of his element. He works hard but it doesn't look like he knows how to play with heatley and seto. Heatley is in another league out there when it coms to getting chances and moving the puck.

Oh BABY!!! How did that get through?

----

Post Game Edit - Really nice top-shelf backhander shootout goal by Cullen. Made Khabi look feeble on that one. We'll take the 2 points and get out of town.

Nice to see the Wild snag the win out of nowhere for a change, they've been on the other end of that scenario far too many times.

I liked that Cullen, Heater and Seto line. Im thinking Kiouvu, Buch and LTD. LTD looks like a new man this year. Really giving effort. Buch, I still get so mad at him during a game. I think my theory with him is he has all it takes to be a great playmaker, except hockey sense. He drives me nuts out there. Hopefully just not clicking yet. The team looked better against a good edmonton team, PP is going to be the problem for us for now. Terrible.

Koivu is not used to playing with guys like Seto and Heater. We're 7 games in. I'll give it time, but I agree that he hasn't looked great offensively.

Heaters goal last night was good for both the team and himself. Obviously for the team in that we get a win out of it, but the more he feels like he's filling that "go-to guy" role, the more success he'll have. Last night he was the go-to guy.

I know Zannon has been battling an injury, but he's looks terrible this year.

Oh yeah, and LTD has been a beast the last few games. If he keeps this up, he'll be getting a nice extension.

I think I know what would help the Wild tremendously...tape to tape passing. This is just ugly!

EDIT:

They finally put together a PP with crisp passing around the Ducks opening up space. A shot from the circle left a rebound for Spurgeon...on the weak side too smile If they could play 60 minutes with passing like that, they might have a chance at the playoffs!

I thought he wild out played the ducks tonight. Maybe a we shoulda won game, but didn't. I don't know that I have seen a net as wide open as ours on the goals we gave up. We still need to get a lot better. Its amazing how quickly chances disapear on us out there. We had no less then 4 2 on 1s that turned into nothing. We need to shoot. 2 penaltys in the last 5 mins, are you kiding me.

I was also wondering what we wee thinking on that last draw. We won it clearly, then sent the puck cross ice for a shot from an angle were there was not much traffic and no screen. The shot shoulda come from the strong side through all the people in front. Dumb play, especially when we miss the net.

Also, worst crowd I have seen at the x, besides last year when the ames wre pointless.

They announced 15k, they may have been 14k.

Was at the game last night. I was really surprised how much time Falk/Scandella were getting. I know Zannon is hurt but I have a feeling Yeo seems to be revamping the defense, which will probably make this a "tough" year.

I've never been a big Zidlicky fan but he seems to have taken Burns place as the liability on defense.

It would be nice to see the Wild sustain more pressure but I do think it is going to take more time. Let's see how the offense is looking after 30 games. I think they need to play with the line combos to see what works.

The PK was horrible tonight. I think it was Getzlaf who had an entire open net to shoot at. On the replay you could see that the Ducks had 3 forwards down low to only one D-man. That shouldn't happen.

I still think this team has a chance and will turn it around. Hopefully it is in time to make the playoffs.

Zidlicky is brutal this year. It's almost like a 6th man on the ice for the other teams. He looks like Skoula did when he was in his "prime".

Anyone know how much longer we have him?

I was thinking the same thing. Remember when it was jammed packed every night. Gotta get that thing filled up again and have the crowd make a difference in these games. With that said my family stopped buying season tickets 2 yrs ago, just cause we couldn't afford it, but will still be at a few games throughout the year, and hopefully a playoff game or two.

Another win agains the Wings! The ending to this game was awesome. That play Koiuvu had at the end was great. Talk about an exploding shoulder. Harding stood on his head AGAIN. When does he start getting some more playing time? I know Backstrom hasn't been bad, but Harding has been outstanding, and sometimes you gotta go with the guy while he's hot, cause it doesn't last forever.

Yeah, just watched the last 10 minutes of 3rd + OT. Apparently that was the time to watch. Koivu absolutley blew up Cronwell to setup the easy goal from Setoguchi. That hit was so monstrous and yet clean.

Link to highlight vid on Wild site:

Link to Wings Wild Vid

Yeah, just watched the last 10 minutes of 3rd + OT. Apparently that was the time to watch. Koivu absolutley blew up Cronwell to setup the easy goal from Setoguchi. That hit was so monstrous and yet clean.

Link to highlight vid on Wild site:

Link to Wings Wild Vid

Good 3rd period after a terrible 1st. Kronwall was still on the ice after the goal. Koivu lit him up. They are saying Kronwall may have been injured. Wouldn't surprise me if it was a concussion after that hit from Koivu and then the hit to the ice. Looked like a clean hit, but the Wings fans wanted a penalty.