• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Upper Red Lake Fishing Reports by Cookie

cookie129

Ditto that monstermoose78. I have been wondering why there has not been much activity here. Planning a day trip with a buddy and our portables next week. Will be sure to post a report if we make it up there. 

• I Like it 1

As long as I'm here. I wouldn't mind any ice reports about getting around on the lake. I know some snow is coming this week, but if I have a small 4 wheel drive pick-up with snows, can I get around ok? Plan on going out Hillman's road about 4 miles if I can. Did the lake break up during freeze up and leave shards? Is there any slush? This will be my first time up there this year and there hasn't been a lot of info here. Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 2

I went out if Hillman's on dec 19. Yea it broke up several times. There was little to no snow then and it looked spooky. We took wheelers out at that point but my buddy has been there twice since and pulled his castle out with his truck both times. 

Between Hillman's and cookie as the reports read there trying there best to get decent roads.

• Thumbs Up 2

Haven't been up there in the last 10 days but at that time we were sitting on 15". Driving off the plowed road was no issue at all. We still avoided the big drifts obviously but it wasn't bad. The first mile and a half were ROUGH ice. Must have froze while the wind was whipping. As far as the bite goes, the dead-stick defiantly was better. Plain red hook set from 6in to 2ft of the bottom tipped with either fathead or rainbow. Smaller minnows did better for sure. When they did hit the jigging presentation we were using the new "Flutter Shaker" from Snyders Lures in hot pink. 

• Thumbs Up 2