• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2011 Green Bay Packers, YODTT

snoozebutton

That's what I was thinking too Dark Cloud. I really expected some kind of misdirected play, maybe some to the outside but I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkunkedAgain

• CJH

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

So did anyone agree that Hawk interfered with the receiver in the endzone. I heard Steve Mariucci say it was the right call, but I didn't see contact and Hawk was playing the ball.

I didn't think he made contact until after he batted the ball away which is not pass interference but at least it didn't change the outcome.

BTW, Cam Newton looked pretty good yesterday but he wasn't facing a secondary like he will next week. Even if Tramon can't go (and I haven't heard much about him, McCarthy isn't saying anything) we have solid backups to keep him and Steve Smith in check.

I wanna see Dom blitz the [PoorWordUsage] out of Cam and see how he does with that

They will, and I think he is going to get rattled pretty dang quick. With how the packers fly to the ball, I dont see him doing well at all. He definately isn't going to throw for near 400. I'm gonna say 160 at most and 2 or 3 picks trying to force it to Steve Smith. Smith gets frusterated easily. Get woodson or Williams on him playing a lot of aggressive bump coverage and he will be a non-factor.

I didn't think he made contact until after he batted the ball away which is not pass interference but at least it didn't change the outcome.

That's what I thought as well, D has just as much right to the ball when its in the air and if contact isn't made until when or after the ball is touched, its not PI.

Whatever, you are going to have some close calls go your way and some that don't. I guess having the call go against them and the goal line stand was another example of "Luck".

So I'll start talking smack about the Panthers. How many points do you think that we'll beat them by? Sure Cam threw for over 400 yards but it was against the Cardinals, a team not necessarily a defensive stalwart. They also lost Jon Beason for the season. I'll say a 17 point margin of victory.

So did anyone agree that Hawk interfered with the receiver in the endzone. I heard Steve Mariucci say it was the right call, but I didn't see contact and Hawk was playing the ball.

The games I'd like to see today are Green Bay at Carlina, Bears at New Orleans, and Tampa at Minnesota. Unfortunately they're all on at the same time and since the only game I get is the Minnesota game (too cheap to get the Sunday ticket) I'm headed over to my daughter's house to watch the Pack. They're new Direct TV subscribers and get the Sunday Ticket free this year.

Go Pack!!!

The games I'd like to see today are Green Bay at Carlina, Bears at New Orleans, and Tampa at Minnesota. Unfortunately they're all on at the same time and since the only game I get is the Minnesota game (too cheap to get the Sunday ticket) I'm headed over to my daughter's house to watch the Pack. They're new Direct TV subscribers and get the Sunday Ticket free this year.

Go Pack!!!

I am in the same boat as you! My 3 year old isn't going to make it through the entire game at a sportsbar, so I am just going to put it on NFL Redzone and hopefully catch the scoring plays. Can't wait until you can stream ANY game to your computer/TV. Its only a matter of time.

I think the Pack D will be a challenge for Newton, but freaky athletes can do some amazing stuff. I still think the Pack win, but it will be closer than most people think.

the pack started the game how they ended it last week slow, good to see them win but man getting beat up for 400+ passing not good

It's good when you can be 2-0 after two games in which you have significant defensive problems/lapses. As long as we can keep tightening up on defense, things look OK from here. smile

I was on the road all day yesterday and could only get the Vikings game on the radio. And man, they weren't very eager to share other football scores! frown

I was very surprised by the way Newton played against our defense. I think that guy has all the tools to become a great QB in the future, I will be the first one to admit that I thought he would be a flop.

Kudos to our D tightening up in the redzone. Lets go into Chicago this week, pass the ball DOWN the field right away, wear out their defense and pick them apart. Get Cutler rattled early and corners, for gods sake, be aggressive, but cover up!

Sounds like Collins will be ok, up in the air if he will play this week. Scary feeling watching that yesterday.

And man, they weren't very eager to share other football scores! frown
Not so at the Dome. They were sure to show replays of Cam Newton going on top of the Packers....all this while the Vikings were winning. When the tables turned for both teams the updates stopped. They only showed the Saints.

It's funny but what I see in Viking fans is the same as what you see from the Metrodome and the team itself. They take pure joy in seeing the other teams lose and that's it. One of my favorite things about going to Badger football games is when they announce all of the other scores. The stadium crowd cheers and groans with each announcement - good or bad. The Vikings will only share when it makes their fan base feel good.

Another example: I get off the plane four weeks ago and am driving home on a Thursday night. I catch the second half of the Viking preseason game on the radio. Then they give scores from around the NFC North by saying that all NFC North teams are winning, dramatic pause...."Oh! The Packers are LOSING!" It's this type of 5th grade sports behavior that doesn't get me mad, but makes me appreciate the difference between how fans expect to get their sports in the two different states.

In either case, good game by the Pack. They went against two great quarterbacks in weeks 1 & 2...and Cam Newton is a great QB. It was plain as day. Sure he's got a ton to learn but man does he have a tool chest to play with. The difference between him and Breez is that the Saints had a running game and Breez looked off the dumb throws (which the Pack intercepted). Newton is going to be a force for years to come.

What I'd like to see this week is the Packers come out of their typical funk that the Bears are able to force upon our offense.

I will agree that the broadcasters are biased, but I have been to several Packer games throughout the years, and they arent any different. So to point fingers to one team for something that is pretty much widespread is alienating the Vikings. I have also been to Chicago, and when they post up the Packers scores, you will get a huge cheer, or loud boo's, with the assistance of announcers. They all know how to work the crowds, you give them what makes them feel good, and it keeps them into the games.

No, I will single out the Vikings

I will too. I have never had a good experience at the Dome, win or lose. I kinda do like the pathetic home showing of 50/50 Vikings/Packers fans. Been to Lambeau almost every year since I was 6, and there has been nothing like what you see at the Dome in the aspect of hating other teams. I'm not being bias either since I'm a Packers fan. It kinda got out of hand at Lambeau when Favre was with the Vikings, but not to the extreme of fans spitting at you, getting in your face cause you have a Packers jersey on, trying to pick a fight when all you want is a Dome dog? And I wouldnt consider myself a small guy either. To compare the Viking fans at the dome to the Packer fans at Lambeau is ridiculous. Are we arrogant, some may be? We have 13 Championships and the best rated Stadium/football atmosphere in the league. But its nothing like the Viking fans at the dome, where they have nothing better to do but hate every team that comes to play. And when they are down by a couple scores, it gets worse!! Hate to say it, but not many other team fans come to Lambeau and are just booed off by the experience, like you get at the Metrodome.

Bad news for the Pack:

Collins lost for the season with neck injury

3:04 PM, Sep. 19, 2011

author

Written by

Mike Vandermause

Packers safety Nick Collins will be lost for the season with the neck injury he suffered Sunday against Carolina, said Packers coach Mike McCarthy.

Collins returned to the Packers facility this afternoon and met with team doctors. McCarthy said he was informed of the seriousness of Collins’ injury just prior to his 3 p.m. press conference.

Collins is wearing a neck brace, according to McCarthy, and is walking around the team facility this afternoon. McCarthy said you would never know he has a serious injury.

McCarthy said the Packers would miss Collins, a three-time Pro Bowl player. He said he’s a player that’s all about football and someone else will have to step up.

Charlie Peprah replaced Collins in the lineup in the second half against the Panthers and is the likely starter for the remainder of the season.

Especially tough loss considering Williams is out.

Horrible news. They made it sound like there wasn't anything to be worried about this morning, now he's gone for the year. Better step up peprah!

Bad news, but not the end of the world. We won a Super Bowl last year with something like 5,937 players on injured reserve. That means we've got 5,936 to go this year. wink