• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2011 Green Bay Packers, YODTT

snoozebutton

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

What's the matter Lmit...can't take your own medicine when it's your team not meeting expectations laugh

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkunkedAgain

• CJH

• LMITOUT

• Steve Foss

Yes, kind of like the other thread where you say, "you guys" when referring to the Vikings...

That makes all of about, oh, zero sense.

Thanks for playing. wink

PurpleFloyd,

"Choke" is a pretty wimpy coup stick to use on a fan of a team with a 29-17 playoff record (4-1 in Super Bowls) when it comes from the fan of a team with a 19-26 playoff record (o-4 in Super Bowls. A disappointing end to the season - YES! A disappointing season - NO!! How bout those Minnesota Lynx, though. smirk

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I have to disagree. It is a very disappointing season for the Packers.

We felt it in 98 when we were 15-1. But at least we made it to the Championship game before choking. As you stated. we're very familiar with the choke.

Now Packer fans are saddled with the 2012 Double Choke grin

Everytime we see the Double Choke Rodgers commercial we will think about the pukers double choke cool

The pukers really choked not even making it to the Championship game...especially when they were fully expected by almost all puker fans to win the SB smile

Can you as puker fans admit a choke from Rodgers and the pukers when you see one?

It's clear to everyone else who watched the Game.

The now famous double choke move by Rodgers is in the history books. cool

Ahh, Purple Floyd. note from admin: [please read forum policy before posting again] Let us know when your self esteem has finally risen up a notch.

Ahh, Purple Floyd. You must have just got done beating your wife and kids, and then decided to come get a little from the Packer fans. Let us know when your self esteem has finally risen up a notch.

Nah, that is what Sconnies do. My wife is a Packers fan from the heart of enemy territory but she certainly didn't mind leaving the Packer country behind like so many that can't wait to get out of the state. My esteem is just fine thank you but sorry if I struck a nerve. I am sure it is a bitter pill to swallow when even the refs can't give your team a win. Carry on. grin

But we have next year to look forward to. Basically the same team coming back.

What do the Vikes have to look forward to? Not a lot, going to be another long year for the Vikes fans! grin

As a Packer fan... I hope we have a different looking team! I can hardly stand to watch our defense any longer.

That whole secondary needs to be redone. Woodson can't play every position every down. Pepprah is mediocre at best... Bush isn't any better, Sam Shields gets lost in man coverage... Williams has his moments, but needs to become more consistant.

We need help up front to make Matthews a viable sack leader again. Raji certainly is not holding up his end of the bargain... We miss Jenkins... Neal and Zombo were not what we expected...

Offense? I think it's obvious they have put together a formidable offense. Some tweeking can make it even more dynamic. A nice running back would be great... We don't need a Peterson, but c'mon, a true threat on any down would be great. Grant in his hey-day, pre-injury is what I'm talking about... now he is basically effective on screen plays or anything outside... he has nothing up the middle any longer. Starks? He should and could be better than he is... not sure they should keep investing in him. Finnley? better change his attitude and gloves! Too many key moments he became a liability as the season wore on.

McCarthy and Thompson hopefully had their eyes opened as to the needs of this team. They are a good team, but not a dynasty as everyone thought. Defense should be the theme of the draft... and a few key FA signings will keep them moving in the right direction. I think they are poised for a few more runs at the big game IF they find and fix their weaknesses. Keeping things as they are will doom them to be a team like the Twins... win the division, out in the playoffs.

Good Luck!

Ken

I wouldn't sweat the defense too much. Of course you would like to improve but we have the 29th and 30th ranked passing defenses playing in the Super Bowl this year.

You guys have the Fire power to break this years Superbowl combined passing yardage record of over 10,000 yards between the 2 teams. I think you guys peaked just a tad early. To be honest I didn't think it was even possible in todays NFL to play that good for that long of a stretch.

Personally I'd grab the best receiver available and call it good.

But hey defense wins championships...LOL

That whole secondary needs to be redone. Woodson can't play every position every down. Pepprah is mediocre at best... Bush isn't any better, Sam Shields gets lost in man coverage... Williams has his moments, but needs to become more consistant.

The secondary doesn't need to be blown up, it needs a pass rush. Losing a Pro Bowl Safety (Collins) didn't help either, who was the leader back there. Gotta remember they played bump and run most of last season. Because of Williams shoulder injury, they couldn't do that and so they played zone most of the time this season. Shields was not good in zone, he is solid in man. Lack of pass rush + man cover guys playing zone = ugly.

The big question for next year will be if Collins can come back from his injury (we'll find out in March), and what they do to improve the pass rush. I will be very disappointed if they don't draft a ROLB early.