• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Goodbye Delmon Young

Getanet

Sled, you come out of retirement..er, r u done---darn, too many beers, forgot the word for respect of the dearly departed--where you been anyway for Delmon's new life?

I know, I saw the bass pics...you been FISHING! That's alot more important. Way to go with that boy of yours. I'm jealous you are still catchin' them and all I can do is reminisce (sp?) about my Cass trip. But I been eatin' 'em! Good ole Rock Bass come through to save the fish fry...and not a complaint from anyone in the group Sat pm. Just might do it again this weekend while I ponder applying for the GM job at the Cubs.

(Now you know I've had too many beers)

Time to switch gears....it was too early when the forks were inserted, but now I say...GO PACKERS!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zamboni

• SledNeck

• PierBridge

• B. Amish

Geno. I feel so bad for you, I almost want to next day air you some walleyes and take you fishing on a good Minnesota walleye lake so you know what it's like. A man should never have to go slumming and eat a rock bass. Think about your health.

rl8.jpg

That there is a real beaut.

Thanks for the offer Sled. Just keep catching 'em and then I'll send my UPS acct # and address. In the meantime, I think I'll yank a LMBass outta my freezer.

PS Ding..ding...ding...The magic word was "mourning".

As in: Sled was mourning the departure of Delmon while on his bass fishing trip.

My care meter for all things twins is at it's lowest point since 2001

Word. I was actually going to post a new thread asking if anyone was actually watching them anymore this season. I always thought the dome was a toilet, but it was a special place that going into to 7th or later and Twins could be down by 3 or 4 runs and always seem to have a chance. Target Field might be gorgeous, but it isn't the same.

Yeah...I haven't been watching the Twins much this year and barely at all in the last month or so since they threw in the towel. Oh well.

i still watch and always will.

when you sit down at night at 8 pm, there is absolutely nothing else to watch on tv in the summer time.

The Dome field advanatge is/was one of the most absurd things in sports. Glad we put that to rest last year with the best record in baseball at home "Target"

i still watch and always will.

when you sit down at night at 8 pm, there is absolutely nothing else to watch on tv in the summer time.

Yep, although I find myself surfing a bit more these days inbetween pitches.

The Dome field advanatge is/was one of the most absurd things in sports. Glad we put that to rest last year with the best record in baseball at home "Target"

Proposterous statement nominee. That ugly dome is one of the biggest reasons the Twins have won 2 world championships, especially the 87 season. Opponents hated and dreaded going there to play, because of all the nuances. Pier, I have been agreeing with you strangely alot lately- but wholeheartedly disagree with you on this one.

Yeah nobody here cares unfortunately. Meanwhile, the Rochester Twins have been terrible.

So was he sandbagging on the Twins?

Or is the training staff in Detroit better?

It helps who's batting behind you. They are going to pitch to Delmon with Cabrera batting 4th.

It helps who's batting behind you. They are going to pitch to Delmon with Cabrera batting 4th.

you couldn't pitch around delmon if you tried. he doesn't walk.... EVER. i'd never throw him a strike no matter who was hitting behind him.

The Metrodome really isn't any different than any other Dome stadium throughout the years

Yep and all domed stadiums give the home team a big home field advantage. From the catwalks at the Trop, to the roof here- big advantages.

It makes a huge difference who's hitting behind him. Nobody is going to walk Delmon to pitch to Cabrera. He will get more fast balls battin were he is now. You can tell the difference right away.

The Dome was a advantage for the small ball twins over the years. Get that thing on the ground it would get through the infield. Losing the ball in the roof helped us with a lot of games.

Just shows how stupid the Twins are. They give Detroit a #3 hitter for FREE

I hope we finish in last place next year too.

Yep and all domed stadiums give the home team a big home field advantage. From the catwalks at the Trop, to the roof here- big advantages.

Every stadium has it's weird features that result in an advantage for the team that plays there more often and better learns how to play in that stadium. From the Flag Pole and 90 ft wide incline @ Minute Maid Park to the Green Monster and odd contours of Fenway. All stadiums have them.

All stadiums have them.

Except ours. smile

Maybe they need to cut that infield grass a lot shorter.

Speed up Mauer's grounders to the short stop.

Speed up Mauer's grounders to the short stop.

For that to happen, Mauer would actually need to be in the lineup winkgrin

believe I read that delmon is averaging one rbi per game since he joined tigers. that awesome guy still on our team I think has about 5 rbi's in the last month with around a .200 batting average. really wish team would have made a deadline trade while cuddy was playing above his normal play and got some good prospects for him.

Greebs, up until he was traded, Cuddy was the hot hitter and Delmon was doing NADA. Who cares? He is gone. What can we do, sit n FemaleDog n whine about it?

you might want to root for cuddy to have a great end to the season so he ends up as a type A free agent - then the twins offer him arbitrations - then cuddy declines and signs elsewhere - then the twins get two compensation picks for losing him.

at least that's what i hope happens.

ha there gonna sign him they will toss another 10+ mil at him

might as well, because its obvious that Cuddy is the key to the Twins success