• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Yesterday, I noticed tons of larvae washing up near shore, and this morning i heard a zillion buzzing insects up at tree top level. O have noticed them once in a while, and someone told me they are called "mosquito killers". Anyway, also saw a bunch of big clouds on sonar fishing yesterday, and got me thinking. With the slow bite, and especially soft bite, if our Vermilion walleyes aren't just a bit spoiled with all the food options in the lake? Maybe they not striking hard like a hungry fish, cause they are just going around slurping up insects from Mayflies earlier to these bugs now? Thoughts?

cb,

Your assumption is right on the button! That is exactly what is wrong with our walleye bite this summer!

There has been a tremendous bug hatch all summer,the perch hatch and survival rate has been huge! Last years perch hatch and survival rate was huge,(4 to 5 inch perch), and the rusty crayfish are out there by the gazillions!

Things will turn around soon I hope!

The walleye bite the past two mornings has been very good so maybe it is finally turning!

Cliff