• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
portageman

Bay Lake Northerns/Bass

portageman

Hey folks-

I head up to bay lake once or twice a year. If I go early season I dont havemuch trouble locating fish - they are pretty much where you expect them to be. Later summer I have a little trouble locating them, or maybe its just my presentation. I have tried spoons and spinners on the weed edge (which is everywhere on bay lake right now) for northerns and soft plastics on the weed edge for bass. some luck, but did not set the world on fire. Any suggestions?

Doctor J

portageman, i just sent you a message. let me know if you could get it.

hooksetter

Dr J

I just sent you a PM

smile

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rick
      Mike89 is spot on. Explore that river. Walleyes and cats can be had.
    • Knowknot
      I have to agree with Mike89, lots of good spots to try.
    • eyeguy 54
      dang,  will be headed to mille lacs friday mid-afternoon so wont work. have fun guys! maybe can pop up Sunday with boat if needed if you are still there to look for some gills. 
    • eyeguy 54
      gotta love the sippi.
    • Mike89
      lots of river fishing, try where the Minnesota and Blue Earth come together.  go to the park down there and enjoy!!!
    • roony
      Shore fishing can be limited. Personally I would go to the fish hatchery on Lake Tetonka. There is a spot there that produces pretty well at times.   
    • ANYFISH2
      Good Morning everyone, The family and myself will be in Mankato July 27-29 for the MSF baseball tournament(U11).  It appears we may have down time Sat. Was wondering if  anyone could point me in the right direction to a shorefishing area I could take the family?   First time to Mankato, so no real idea where to look. Thank you.
    • DonkeyHodey
      I hadn't hit the river in >1 month, but last night went Fishing below the SCSU dam in St. Cloud last evening and the river conditions are really quite good for July.  Water height is at a good level and the past week of dryness has improved water clarity. (...that may change today with possible rain all day in forecast) Probably the hottest bite I've ever had in the river--Pretty much everything was biting on nightcrawlers!  (there were 10 different species pulled out in <2 hours!)  Fun Evening!
    • gimruis
      I assume you mean the 110 size one.  I have all three, the 90, 110, and 130 in different colors.  I have never had great luck using them however.  They are a well made lure and they have good plopping action, I just can't get very many bites on them.
    • gimruis
      It came down pretty quick the past couple days after they got like 8 inches of rain at the headwaters last week.