• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ozzie

Fishing Vacaction

ozzie

After the junk I have been through the last 2 weeks I need a break and am going camping/fishing at the Federal Dam and was wondering what is biting and close places to catch a fish or 2. We will be going for walleye with a morning dedicated to big pike and I will probably search for a panfish or 2 when I am bored. Anybody have any pointers or tips to get a tug on the line in the northeast area of Leech? Thanks...

fishfurfun

Trolling the sharp break between the dam and 5 mile point early in the day with spinners and late at night with crankbaits will get you some fish. Hard to get the keepers but they are there. Also look for weeds in 8 - 12 ft. of water and use spinners or lindys with crawlers and leeches. They seem to be biting light so give them some time to take the bait completely. If you can find some cabbge you should find fish. In return if you can post and let me know how you did with northerns and where I would appreciate it. The kids love to catch them but I am having a hard time finding them this year.

ozzie

well the walleye fishing was not good but we did find a nice perch bite. we found a nice little patch of weeds straight across from the bay on the west side of portage bay and kept 39 perch on saturday and only 6 on Friday because the storm kicked us off the lake. We did catch about 8-10 smaller northers in the area also. We used fatheads with small jigs and just dragged them on the bottom of the lake for the most part. Good weekend with some not so great weather but we survived and brought home some fish. The perch were eating alot of crayfish and I caught a few with a plastic crayfish but the minnows were there and working better. I would like to revisit the area but at a different time of year

Stratosman

Good report, we are heading up this weekend for a weeks stay on Leech, same deal, family and fishing vacation. I would love to get into some perch like you did for the kids! Can't wait.

ozzie

The depth of the weedline that we were on was 7-8ft on the outer edge....good luck oh and we stayed at the Federal Dam campround which was very nice but it lacked a swimming area...are there other camprounds on Leech that are nice and also have a swimming beach or a pool and possibly closer to Walker or in a more fishy area for August?

Stratosman

THanks! We are staying at a resort, we rented a cabin for the week and are splitting the cost with my sister, her husband. They have a great beach but not sure on the campground setups there, the only other times I have stayed there we rented a cabin...last time in August we did real well on the walleyes, we stayed on the south end center of the lake... have never fished up where you stayed.