• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Predictions for Vikings Season.

flipper

Vikes don't have any receivers named Williams, so not sure who you mean.

I was thinking Michael and Williams came to mind. I believe his name is Jenkins?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkunkedAgain

• LMITOUT

• flipper

• reinhard1

I was impressed with the Vikings on Saturday night. I think that the #1 offense will be there, and as the announcers said, both the offensive and defensive lines looked stout. What's more impressive was how disciplined and sharp the backup players looked. Sherells was good with the Gophers and might produce in the NFL. The Vikings will give him a roster spot. Besides AP and Toby, I really like the way that Booker runs the ball....and then you've got the 4th string kid who rattled off the nice 4qtr TD run.

Remember, I've got green & gold colored glasses on all the time so I'm not drinking the purple koolaid!

I agree. What I saw on Saturday did impress me. That drive that started at the 1 was pretty impressive. Of course it was against the Seahawks, but it was still worth noting. Once AP is the full time back, I can see the offense being even better. I was sketchy about our receivers, but I also think that they will do better than most expect. Not real excited about Charlie Johnson though. He has looked pretty clueless out there so far.

As far as our defense goes, I believe they will do well. Even without Pat, the guys they have been plugging in there seem to do a decent enough job. That goal line stand was very impressive. That is what we need out of that defense all year.

Preseason is really no gauge of how the regular season is going to look. The Vikings have a very long row to hoe this season and while I want them to win every game the reality is they will more than likely be a below 500 team.

But there is always next year.

People seem very eager to write them off as a sub .500 team. Just 2 years ago they were in the NFC title game. They may not have every piece of that team in place, but they are very close. The year that Favre had last year pretty much did them in from the go. If McNabb can direct this offense and AP can run like he knows how, I can see the Vikings doing very well this year.

The only way this wont be a sub .500 team is if somehow our young CB somehow show a glimmer that they didnt last year. Somehow that our OL, doesnt leak like a siv, with less pieces then last year, also can make a hole for AP a few times a game, and our dline to somehow figure out where the QB is. Also lets not forget the down grade in WR. All with a new head coach, a new OC, a new DC, an new system all together, and a new QB to run it. After writing it all out, I doubt we will get 5 wins.

The over/under for vikings wins in Vegas is 6.5. I just heard the second person on national radio say the over on that line is the easiest money you could bet this fall.

I say we end up .500 or slightly better - playoffs is a stretch - Mcnabb is a better football player at this stage of his career than people will give him credit for. We will lose to playoff teams all season long, but I think the vikes will play better than people think.

I think we'll see more of a Vikes vs Philly at the end of the season versus the Vikes team that played the Bears at TCF stadium.

Everything went wrong last year (ridiculously hard schedule, injuries, dome collapse, Sidney Rice's hip left us scrapping together a WR core, etc). We're not going 6-10 again.

The only downgrade in the WR position was losing Rice. And we pretty much didn't have him the whole time he was here anyway. I think the WR's are going to play with a chip on their shoulders because everyone is writing them off as not good. Just like with Favre, McNabb can make a WR look decent.

Guru don't forget, a team that very much disliked their head coach. No one on that team had chillys back.

Not having Rice is normal. I'd say the additions of Jenkins and Aromashadu along with Rudolph an upgrade over the likes of Greg Boohis and Stank Baskett.

Percy will be mean this year, and the RB's will be in alot more of the passing game. Berrian came off injury and never did get in sync with Favre, just a couple seasons ago he led the league in catches over 20 yards.

Yeah I hear ya he played like dung last year and is over paid but hopefully he atleast goes back to how he was a couple seasons ago instead of the dummy that drops all the balls that are right between the numbers.

We have plenty of targets, more important is we need the O-line to gel together in the new scheme to open it up for AP and give Donny more time.

Anybody know if the vikes are going to stick with the zone blocking or if they are going back to the man 2 man blocking like before childress?

People seem very eager to write them off as a sub .500 team. Just 2 years ago they were in the NFC title game. They may not have every piece of that team in place, but they are very close. The year that Favre had last year pretty much did them in from the go. If McNabb can direct this offense and AP can run like he knows how, I can see the Vikings doing very well this year.

The purple kool-aid and KFAN on the radio has already started. Too bad we can't get any of that purple drink over here in WI grin

Vikes go 7-9 for the season, maybe 8-8 if AP has a great year.

I honestely believe that the offense will be fine Mcnabb is an upgrade just be being able to move around, with Berrian seeming to re-join the team after disappearing during the Favre years and I think Jenkins and Devin Aromashugdo(spelling?) will make up for Rice. Of course there is still AP who is always fine. The offensive line does scare me a little bit, never liked Sullivan in the middle, Johnson who was to replace Mckinnie should be the back-upto the rookie Love I think is his name. The defenseback to front. The safeties are suspect and worry the heck out of me. The corner spot could be plus if Cedric can come back Winfield not the best cover guy but sure tackler, Cook and Allen are going to the determing factor to that unit. Best case would be the young guys prove in preseason they can play well and move Winfield to safety to help the back end. Up front Allen will be fine no off season distractions like getting married this yea. Everson Griffin will fill Edwards spot fine he seems to have grown up a bit, I also think Ballard should start next to Kevin that Remi guy hasnt impressed me. Overall I see a 9 to 10 win team no playoffs but a better season then most expect.

Anybody know if the vikes are going to stick with the zone blocking or if they are going back to the man 2 man blocking like before childress?

They are doing like 4 different blocking schemes this season. I read an article on it but don't remember where it is. The line will be much better this season.

The line will be better this season? Based on what, losing their starting LT and adding to significant upgrades?

Offensive line schemes are rarely man on man...you lose most of those battles regardless of the talent on your O-Line.

I agree with Guru...our o-line will be better this year, even with roughly the same players. Different coach(es), different scheme, and we got a whole lot more mobile at the QB position.

I like the quietness coming from the Viking's this year...it's refreshing and I believe a reflection on the head coach.

Exactly, based on better schemes and better coaching. It isn't always the players fault, sometimes they are put in positions not to succeed, where another coach will work with the players skills to put them in a better position to succeed.

We didn't lose our LT, we dumped him for being over weight and out of shape, he must not of cared that much and it pretty much showed on a weekly basis.

I don't mind that we aren't out spending and trying to make big splashes this season, I'd like them players on our squad forsure but teams are over spending and we don't have the money this year. I'd rather have us save some money and be able to re-sign some of our top players like AP and Greenway. It also allows for some of our younger players to step up and see what they are made of.

I think they will go 19-0 and win the Super BOWL BABY!!!!!!!

They looked awesome tonight!

I am assuming that was sarcasm, but to be honest, I thought they played well tonight. Other then a tipped ball, and a blocked punt, we would have smoked Dallas. Its is preseason, and the score doesnt matter at all. I was a little impressed by our OF line, but our DB play needs some attention for us to compete this year. Our WR looked like they may be able to perform this year, it was good to see BB making some plays, he just needs to bring that ball in a little better. Our d-line, could forsure use some help, maybe we can pick up someone yet that gets a roster cut? We may just end up being a .500 team this year.

The line will be better this season? Based on what, losing their starting LT and adding to significant upgrades?

Looked pretty good last night...had AP played the whole game he would have dropped 200 on the Cowboys.

I know it was just preseason, but they did have some of their shti together last night. Running game had some bright spots, QB was decent, the receivers were doing some good things.

I'm not having what LMT is passing out, but just saying they dont look all that bad.

My upper reach is maybe 8 wins.

Predictions of this season???...

Same as every year...

Lots of this -

full-1130-11684-kool_aid.jpg

Will in the end equal this -

full-1130-11685-viking_trophycase.jpg

McJunk will look decent at times, win a few games, but wont finish the season...

8-8. Maybe a game better with no serious injuries.

I do have hope for the Queens. They will play for Frazier.