• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

McNabb to the Vikes ?

Jim Almquist

Interesting opinion. Can you defend it?

Not much to defend it's just an opinion, Percy would be an animal on a good offensive team with an elite QB. Jennings is an Avg WR with a really good QB that buys time. Percy gets stuck on a stagnant offense that don't even use him properly. Put Percy on the Packers the past 2 years and put Jennings on the Vikings and Percy would have better stats.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• Scott K

• james_walleye

• FISHINGURU

Other then McNabb having no one to throw to last year, and having some in accuracy issues, his numbers were pretty good. In 12.5 games, he had 3,375 yards. He could have easily broke 4,000 if he wasnt benched. He was a player that wasnt on the coaches good side, and got benched. His completion ratio of 58.3 was a little low, but he also had WR issues as well. The part that hurt him was the int's, which could have had a lot to do with the receivers as well, or the routes.

Yup, he got benched....some accuracy issues.... and his INT's were the rcvrs fault....maybe, just maybe he stunk and the coaches saw that in him?

Percy would be an animal on a good offensive team with an elite QB. Jennings is an Avg WR with a really good QB that buys time. Percy gets stuck on a stagnant offense that don't even use him properly. Put Percy on the Packers the past 2 years and put Jennings on the Vikings and Percy would have better stats.

Agreed. Mostly. Your basic premise makes excellent sense. But I think if you put Jennings with Favre during Favre's first Vikes year, he might have done really well. wink

Yeah forsure, what a difference a year makes eh? I'm lookin for more of that type of a season this year out of the Vikes instead of last lol.

RIVERFISH..YOU SAY MCNABB WILL BE BAD BECAUSE HE HAS NO GREAT RECIEVERS TO THROW TOO IN MINNESOTA.....HE HAS HALL OF FAME TYPE NUMBERS FOR HIS CAREER, WHO WERE HIS GREAT RECIEVERS OF THE PAST? HIS FIRST 4 YEARS HE WAS 12-4 AND 11-5 WITH NO RECIEVERS OVER 700 YARDS-HE FINALLY GOT TERELL OWENS AND THAT WAS IT, NO OTHER HELP.

I get your point, I won't argue wins and losses, but he did have WRs with over 700 yds in those years.

Too bad MN is not getting the D. McNabb from 2000-2004. They are getting an old QB on the downhill of his career. 2 other teams didn't want him but the Vikes will make a star out of him right? wink

I guess the only thing anyone can do is wait and see what happens. Not a single one of you (myself included) knows just what type of year he will have. A LOT of people bagged on Favre the first year he came here, and he had the best year of his career.

I guess the only thing anyone can do is wait and see what happens. Not a single one of you (myself included) knows just what type of year he will have. A LOT of people bagged on Favre the first year he came here, and he had the best year of his career.

+1

I guess the only thing anyone can do is wait and see what happens.

Well THAT'S not going to feed the flames of Vikingfanforumdom, is it? gringrin

A LOT of people bagged on Favre the first year he came here, and he had the best year of his career.

True that.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Favre came to Minnesota and had his BEST YEAR EVER!!!

+2

Well, except that one might consider a season including a Super Bowl win as Favre's best season ever. Stats ain't God. wink

The Vikings are terrible, plain and simple.

McNabb is not going to go Favre on the bit and takes us to the NFC title game.

If he does the Vikes will lose, McNabb has a lot of experience losing NFC title games.

McNabb is a washed up loser.

I'm liking this deal the more I hear about. 5 mill, 1 year is a no-briner for veteran QB that Ponder can learn a bit from.

Plus we've had some decent luck with veterans being brought in, Favre and Cunningham to name a few.

I love his humor. On the second half they ask him what he though of the offenceive play. He said "we got in and out of the huddle clean".

I'm liking this deal the more I hear about. 5 mill, 1 year is a no-briner for veteran QB that Ponder can learn a bit from.

Plus we've had some decent luck with veterans being brought in, Favre and Cunningham to name a few.

what's salt got to do with it? wink

He may have not done a whole heck of a lot, but I already like what I did see. Nothing fancy, just a vet qb doing what he had to do. I REALLY hope he proves the naysayers wrong this year.

They have nothing to lose by going with Mcnabb. If it looks grim after 6 weeks then the Ponder era starts. They didn't give up jack to get him.

They have nothing to lose by going with Mcnabb. If it looks grim after 6 weeks then the Ponder era starts. They didn't give up jack to get him.

5-7 Million and 2 possible picks.

You do what you have to do when there is no off season programs. The original plan was to draft Ponder and start him but you can't do that with the lockout lasting as long as it did.

Vikes are gonna do better then alot of people think this season.

You do what you have to do when there is no off season programs. The original plan was to draft Ponder and start him but you can't do that with the lockout lasting as long as it did.

Vikes are gonna do better then alot of people think this season.

As it stands, I find it hard to find more then 6 wins from the schedule. And that would put us in last place in our division.

[PoorWordUsage] sandwich and we will suck again and repeat the fun all over again. Why cant we just get a qb and let him mature into a great qb for once.

We'll never get last place in the division this year.

Agreed. Chicago will take those honors. We could increase our odds of a better season by sending Berrian down the road.

Totally agree...even though I have disliked Mcnabb throughout his career, he will at least bring stability to a team who needs just that. Ponder is a year or two away...we all know that. McNabb will never make it through a 16 game schedule and that places the Vikes fighting for every win they can get.

IF, and that's a big "IF", McNabb can stay healthy, the Vikes have just as good of chance at reaching the play-offs as anyone. Weird things happen in the NFL every year...McNabb is playing for his last pay-day and has a lot to prove. Hopefully, he'll stay healthy and keep the Vikes in the "mix" up until the end.

The Vikings don't have as good of a chance as anybody to make the playoffs. They are not a good team.

Agreed. Chicago will take those honors. We could increase our odds of a better season by sending Berrian down the road.

just curious why you think a Bears team that went 11-5 last year is going to finish 5-11, which is what it'll take to be below the Vikings in the division?