• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Advise for Clearwater?

Friend wants to hit Clearwater on Monday.

Will be targeting Walleye's.

Any thoughts as how the launches are and how the bite has been.

Thanks,

Scott

Water was HIGH... walleyes were hit and miss on weedlines (outside edge) but that is the same almost everyday... sorry no magic bullets here.

Sunday night the dock at the ramp was at least 12" under water. I opt for cedar, not looking for a hard time launching.

Water is finally coming down again. My boat is actually back on the bunks versus floating inside my lift. Probably down three inches from a couple days ago already.

Thanks for the reply's.

We arrived at the Black Pool landing mid day. Dock was 20 feet from waters edge and at least a foot under water. Launched with no problems - water proof boots.

While on the lake I did call the DNR and inquired as to if they expected the docks to be raised. Reply was helpful but unsure as to when it or if it will happen. To our surprise when we exited at 10:00 pm, the dock had been raised. Made life easier. As for the fishing, what a beautiful day!

Good luck and as for launching your boats, I don't see any problems.

Scott

Thanks for the reply's.

We arrived at the Black Pool landing mid day. Dock was 20 feet from waters edge and at least a foot under water. Launched with no problems - water proof boots.

While on the lake I did call the DNR and inquired as to if they expected the docks to be raised. Reply was helpful but unsure as to when it or if it will happen. To our surprise when we exited at 10:00 pm, the dock had been raised. Made life easier. As for the fishing, what a beautiful day!

Good luck and as for launching your boats, I don't see any problems.

Scott

Wow, one call and the dock got raised. Now that's service. Thanks

BartmanMN,

I'd like to think my phone call, out of the many I'm sure had been placed made the difference in getting the docks raised, but in the true scheme of life, I'm confident the powers that be already had a plan of action to raise the docks as to the popularity of angling this body of water. As I mentioned in condensed form of my candid phone conversation, the person I spoke with had virtually no information to share. "Reply was helpful but unsure as to when it or if it will happen"

Best wishes,

Scott

Hester,

Bayview road will get you to either the Black Pool or the as we call it, the Bay Club landing. Both were in good launching order when we left Monday. West side of the lake.

Trappingadiction (sp)fishing was good. wink Catching was poor... blush

Best wishes,

Scott